<)   )>  PLS
/    \

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Ken B

Quote from: Todd on July 02, 2014, 10:30:33 AM
Looks like Nick may have raised the bar a notch.
I'm not sure that really raises the bar, since we know Chirac took bucks from Saddam. More like maintaining a tradition.  :)
I forget who Mitterand took bribes from, but I recall there was someone.

Todd

Quote from: Ken B on July 02, 2014, 11:50:03 AMI'm not sure that really raises the bar, since we know Chirac took bucks from Saddam.

I was thinking in terms of scale and audacity.  $67 million to his "campaign" fund, and then Sarkozy became one of the leading voices for ousting Gadhafi.  One would think that kind of money might buy less vigorous hand biting.  Ah well, c'est la vie.

Ken B

Quote from: Todd on July 02, 2014, 12:37:26 PM

I was thinking in terms of scale and audacity.  $67 million to his "campaign" fund, and then Sarkozy became one of the leading voices for ousting Gadhafi.  One would think that kind of money might buy less vigorous hand biting.  Ah well, c'est la vie.
An honest politician is one who, when he is bought, will stay bought.
--Simon Cameron

Todd

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Todd

kishnevi

Note to Philo and anyone else
The goal of Hamas, stated in their charter and repeated by their members at every chance, is to kill as many Jews as possible.  Anyone who defends them, supports them,  or in any way excuses them, and anyone who treats them as anything other than a group of murderous thugs, and anyone who ignores the fact that they are the ones with genocidal aims and they are the ones who put civilians on harm's  way, is therefore supporting the idea that killing Jews is a good thing.  Therefore if ypu repost any more of their propaganda here,  I will assume that you, Philo, believe my death is a good thing because I am a Jew.

Ken B

Said to be a Wisconsin teacher picketing.

Ken B

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on July 19, 2014, 04:47:57 AM
The goal of Hamas, stated in their charter and repeated by their members at every chance, is to kill as many Jews as possible.  Anyone who defends them, supports them,  or in any way excuses them, and anyone who treats them as anything other than a group of murderous thugs, and anyone who ignores the fact that they are the ones with genocidal aims and they are the ones who put civilians on harm's  way, is therefore supporting the idea that killing Jews is a good thing.  Therefore if ypu repost any more of their propaganda here,  I will assume that you, Philo, believe my death is a good thing because I am a Jew.
Well I approve the sentiment, but don't know about the facts here. The video seems to show kids being taught to hate and attack. That seems to me just what hamas does and advocates. But mightn't Philo just being showing an example of this to discomfit hamas apologists? I cannot tell from what I see here.

kishnevi

I was viewing it in light of his post yesterday, which was explicitly propaganda produced by Hamas.  I admit my knowledge of this tape's contents is befuddled by Google's apparently limited ability to translate Arabic.
But if Philo has a valid reason let him come and explain homself.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on July 19, 2014, 04:47:57 AM
True. If Israel had no defense, they would all be dead. I doubt you could say the same for Hamas.

I wish the Middle East, Africa, and Russia could magically warp to another planet so we wouldn't have to worry about them. Us civilized countries could then live in peace, at least until we get a US president that wants to start a war with some aliens.  :P

kishnevi

Quote from: Greg on July 19, 2014, 02:01:42 PM
True. If Israel had no defense, they would all be dead. I doubt you could say the same for Hamas.

I wish the Middle East, Africa, and Russia could magically warp to another planet so we wouldn't have to worry about them. Us civilized countries could then live in peace, at least until we get a US president that wants to start a war with some aliens.  :P
Don't forget China.