The unimportant news thread

Started by Lethevich, March 05, 2008, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

Quote from: Florestan on July 22, 2014, 09:46:26 AM
What's to consider in uninformed viewpoints based on zero expertise or evidence? Don't you see you make a fool of yourself big time with this attitude?

Just rational consideration and imaginations.

Florestan

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 09:49:51 AM
Just rational consideration and imaginations.

Are you going to seriously claim that it is rational considerations that lead you to the theory of prostitution as personal development, intimacy and trustful relationships?
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Henk

Quote from: Florestan on July 22, 2014, 09:52:53 AM
Are you going to seriously claim that it is rational considerations that lead you to the theory of prostitution as personal development, intimacy and trustful relationships?

Yes, but come to the point please.

Florestan

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 09:56:02 AM
Yes

A theory is no good if it is not tested. I ask you again: how many prostitutes have you met and talked to?

Henk

Quote from: Florestan on July 22, 2014, 09:58:53 AM
A theory is no good if it is not tested. I ask you again: how many prostitutes have you met and talked to?

You call it a theory, I didn't. It's prostitution as an ideal rather, which is more likely to develop if legal than illegal.

Florestan

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 10:00:48 AM
You call it a theory, I didn't.

Could you please answer my question?

Henk

Quote from: Florestan on July 22, 2014, 10:01:44 AM
Could you please answer my question?

I answered that already implicitly and why should I answer at all? I never have spoken to a whore. But I have picked up some things in the news and in literature.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 10:00:48 AM
You call it a theory, I didn't. It's prostitution as an ideal rather, which is more likely to develop if legal than illegal.

Um, the fact that you didn't call it a theory, does not make it more than a theory.  You can call your theory an "ideal," if you like, but that doesn't make it any less divorced from the real world, and from real women.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Florestan

Henk

Quote from: karlhenning on July 22, 2014, 10:05:10 AM
Um, the fact that you didn't call it a theory, does not make it more than a theory.  You can call your theory an "ideal," if you like, but that doesn't make it any less divorced from the real world, and from real women.

As I said I just throwed in some thought to consider, to enrich the discussion, not to get all the mud over me.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 10:08:49 AM
As I said I just throwed in some thought to consider, to enrich the discussion, not to get all the mud over me.

Well, now it is enriched mud.  >:D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Henk

Florestan, an immoral moralist.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Henk on July 22, 2014, 10:13:11 AM
Florestan, an immoral moralist.

Adding ad hominem to your other fallacies.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Henk

Quote from: karlhenning on July 22, 2014, 10:15:35 AM
Adding ad hominem to your other fallacies.

No, I say the truth. What are my "other fallacies"? Please with contextual qoutes from me.

A shame that my indulgence is taken wrongly.

Why defend Florestan, Karl?

Florestan

Henk

Ok, Karl, I understand that you don't defend Floreston, but more the codes of good behaviour. I think however I do not violate them.

springrite

Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Henk

Quote from: Florestan on July 22, 2014, 10:31:49 AM
Why not a moral immoralist?

An immoralist doesn't use morals, that's against his proud and above all he would belie himself.

And an immoralist also doesn't use those immoral tricks like you. That's too low for him. An immoralist cannot be described as someone who like to trick or misuse other people. He want to go beyond morals, that's what he strives for in my view. This makes him feel proud, and he is immune for moral arguments, moral attacks.

ibanezmonster

A rule to keep in mind: if you buy stuff of monetary value for someone you are dating, make sure she doesn't decide to compensate in the form of sex. Actually, specifically say "don't have sexual activity with me because I'm buying you something." If she does, that makes you a rapist.  :P

So there must be A LOT of relationships out there that involve rape...  ???
(probably safer to not buy anything, which would be just fine)

Henk

Quote from: Greg on July 22, 2014, 11:08:55 AM
A rule to keep in mind: if you buy stuff of monetary value for someone you are dating, make sure she doesn't decide to compensate in the form of sex. Actually, specifically say "don't have sexual activity with me because I'm buying you something." If she does, that makes you a rapist.  :P

So there must be A LOT of relationships out there that involve rape...  ???
(probably safer to not buy anything, which would be just fine)

Interesting argument. Rape is not the right word however.

However you tend to think women as weak and they have to take the consequences for this, without character, but I think this is not true. Character is rather spread equally over the sexes. Aren't your feeling towards women not too much feed with personal experience? Not that's that not a valid source of argueing, but you might think differently in a different situation.

You only seem to argue about weak women, without personality, being dishonest to women who actually can be your girlfriend.