Saul's Compositions

Started by Saul, March 09, 2008, 08:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Z. Herrenberg

It is - and remains - Saul's call.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Saul

You guys are all Trolls!

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

MN Dave

Cato

Quote from: Saul on May 20, 2008, 08:34:36 AM
You guys are all Trolls!

Have you considered submitting your compositions for criticism from a music professor?

I have made this suggestion to you before: if you think you have talent, you will need to take it beyond the saulemn self-pollination of the autodidact, and see if you can develop your skills to higher levels.
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Cato on May 20, 2008, 08:51:33 AM
Have you considered submitting your compositions for criticism from a music professor?

I have made this suggestion to you before: if you think you have talent, you will need to take it beyond the saulemn self-pollination of the autodidact, and see if you can develop your skills to higher levels.

I doubt that will fly with Saul. "Criticism" of Saul is by definition false; "praise" is true.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

J.Z. Herrenberg

;D

Saul

I have done that by now.

You're still stuck in the 18th century.... ;D

Cato

Quote from: Saul on May 20, 2008, 09:01:34 AM
I have done that by now.

You're still stuck in the 18th century.... ;D

Nonsense!  I will have you know that I am stuck in the 1st century B.C.!!!

And so which professor was this?  And what did (s)he say?

Saul

Quote from: Cato on May 20, 2008, 09:35:11 AM
Nonsense!  I will have you know that I am stuck in the 1st century B.C.!!!

And so which professor was this?  And what did (s)he say?

I have shown my music to a concert Pianist in Julliard some 5 years ago, he liked some of my compositions and even took one of my works to show to his Professor. He did suggest that I should begin to study composition on a formal level.

Second person was my Piano Teacher who happens to be a great pianist and a Bach Expert, she was giving Master classes on Chopin in Brooklyn College. She loved some of my Ideas and the images that I create in music, she didn't tell me to study composition on a formal level. Third person was a Professor of Cello here in Brooklyn. I wanted to hire him together with his fellow musicians to perform my String Quartet in B flat major. He listened to it and did like it, but demanded a price tag for his services that I just couldn't afford.

Thats what I can remember now...

ChamberNut

Saul, do you by any chance know Naftali Schindler?

Cato

Quote from: Saul on May 20, 2008, 09:42:07 AM
I have shown my music to a concert Pianist in Julliard some 5 years ago, he liked some of my compositions and even took one of my works to show to his Professor. He did suggest that I should begin to study composition on a formal level
Thats what I can remember now...

I will suggest the same!

Saul

Don

Saul:

Many classical music lovers doodle around with composition and realize that they possess minimal inspiration in this field.  You just haven't arrived at that point yet.

MN Dave

ChamberNut

Saul

Quote from: MN Dave on May 20, 2008, 09:50:39 AM
Saul's Smorgasbord?

Can you stop allready, you sound like a 2 year old, what a loser you are.

Saul

Saul

Quote from: Don on May 20, 2008, 09:49:19 AM
Saul:

Many classical music lovers doodle around with composition and realize that they possess minimal inspiration in this field.  You just haven't arrived at that point yet.

Oh... said by non other then the great one DON... THE ALL KNOWING BIG SHOT !

Don

Quote from: Saul on May 20, 2008, 09:55:26 AM
Oh... said by non other then the great one DON... THE ALL KNOWING BIG SHOT !

I'm just telling you what I hear through your musical submittals.  By the way, I never said I have composed anything decent. 

If you get a kick out of creating music, that's great.  But don't presume that what you write is worthy of my time.