prostitution ring--NICE one, Governor.

Started by маразм1, March 10, 2008, 11:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BachQ

knight66

It taught me a new word; roiled. Well, does the event mean a resignation; or do such politicians brazen it out in the US?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

маразм1

It's just amazing, that politicians are so f'ed up!  What's the deal with that? 

head-case

Quote from: knight on March 10, 2008, 11:23:30 AM
It taught me a new word; roiled. Well, does the event mean a resignation; or do such politicians brazen it out in the US?

Mike

The headline makes it sound like he was running the thing.  He was just a customer.  Ordinarily it wouldn't be such a big deal except he apparently had the prostitute sent from New York (across state lines).  That puts it in violation of some "human trafficking" type statutes.  Let's wait and see how he paid for it.  If he billed it to his expense NY state account, I think he's done for sure.

Brian

Mike
It depends on the state. For example, a mayor in Oregon had to quit after photos of her in her underwear were found on the Internet. But Kwame Kilpatrick, mayor of Detroit, was found to be skimming city funds for personal use and making covert nightly trips to an illicit lover's house with a special police bodyguard, among other nasty things, and they reelected him.

BachQ

Mike

"Mr. Spitzer today made a brief public appearance during which he apologized for his behavior, and described it as a "private matter." "I have acted in a way that violates my obligation to my family and violates my or any sense of right or wrong," said Mr. Spitzer, who appeared with his wife Silda at his Manhattan office. "I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better."  "I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."

The governor spoke for perhaps a minute and did not address his political future.  He declined to take questions and promised to report back soon. As he went to leave, three reporters screamed out, "Are you resigning? Are you resigning?", and Mr. Spitzer charged out of the room, slamming the door.

knight66

Quote from: Brian on March 10, 2008, 11:37:15 AM
Kwame Kilpatrick, mayor of Detroit, was found to be skimming city funds for personal use and making covert nightly trips to an illicit lover's house with a special police bodyguard, among other nasty things, and they reelected him.

That does take me aback. Loosing an election against his record must tell a politician something. Did he bribe EVERYBODY?

Mike

BorisG

"What, Me Worry?" Eliot retorted. ;D

knight66

Quote from: Dm on March 10, 2008, 11:42:22 AM

"Mr. Spitzer today made a brief public appearance during which he apologized for his behavior, and described it as a "private matter." "I have acted in a way that violates my obligation to my family and violates my or any sense of right or wrong," said Mr. Spitzer, who appeared with his wife Silda at his Manhattan office. "I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better."  "I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."

The governor spoke for perhaps a minute and did not address his political future.  He declined to take questions and promised to report back soon.

When we had the Conservative gov. on several occasions ministers got embroiled in similar scandals. The main reason they had to resign was because they had signed up to the Cabinet Family Values policy. It was the facing two ways at once and being hypocrites that did for them. This guy seems similarly placed, but then he seems determined to claim it is a private matter.

Mike

BachQ

Following is a transcript of Gov. Eliot Spitzer's brief statement to the public, delivered at his Midtown Manhattan office on Monday afternoon:

"Over the past nine years, eight as attorney general and one as governor, I've tried to uphold a vision of progressive politics that would rebuild New York and create opportunity for all. We vowed to bring real change to New York and that will continue. Today, I want to briefly address a private matter. I have acted in a way that violated the obligations to my family and that violates my — or any — sense of right and wrong. I apologize first, and most importantly, to my family. I apologize to the public, whom I promised better. I do not believe that politics in the long run is about individuals. It is about ideas, the public good and doing what is best for the State of New York. But I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard that I expect of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family. I will not be taking questions. Thank you very much. I will report back to you in short order. Thank you very much."

Brian

Quote from: knight on March 10, 2008, 11:58:54 AM
That does take me aback. Loosing an election against his record must tell a politician something. Did he bribe EVERYBODY?

Mike
Here's a pretty good summary of Kwame's story - complete with the scandals that have hit him since his re-election.

Also, I see that a federal wiretap did Spitzer in. How hilarious is that!  ;D

paulb

Quote from: Brian on March 10, 2008, 12:22:39 PM
Here's a pretty good summary of Kwame's story - complete with the scandals that have hit him since his re-election.

Also, I see that a federal wiretap did Spitzer in. How hilarious is that!  ;D

yes the FBI goes after of all *crimes* ::)  "prostitution" ( can't we now call this age old line of business something else other than this ill mannered word...maybe Cupidity, IOW put the *blame* where the instinct belongs, that ago old god of eros, Cupid.)

I mean how can the FBI get involved in men and women's private lives, as if that is a  crime?
A crime against who?
The state?
Yes of course the supreme master of us all, The Frickin State.
She , The State Of Washington, is THE BIGGEST WHORE ON THE PLANET Sheer filth going on  in that city, top to bottom.

How in the world Cupidity ever became illegal, a  crime :o....ahhh  the christian right.
Yep thats where the blame belongs.
And you know there are more sex scandals going on within christianity than outside *the flock*.

This country has had it, the USA is right now where russia and germany were late 19th century. a  article like this shows us we are near ( = the finale, the USA's  last century) to collapse.

anyway thats my 2 cent rant for the day.
Spitzer is democrat, in this one case I really feel for a  democrat fallen victim to one of the many  evil laws that exist in  our country.

I know, i know, *if you don't like it here go somewhere else*.
I'm just saying, this FBI stuff is just crap.
Especially when New Orleans is totally over run with rampant crime.
Lets see the FBI do some real work ,  come here and clean up the city. HA! Never.

karlhenning

Quote from: paulb on March 10, 2008, 12:54:06 PM

Let me know if anyone gives you two cents for that, okay?  ;D

knight66

paulb, you do write nonsense. Prostitution is not a victimless crime. It is often exploitation and the 'top' paying end of the market is just the tip of a nasty iceberg. We have gone over this topic in detail before. It may now be inaccessabel in the old site. I don't intend to go over it all again though.

Mike

Brian

BachQ

Quote from: paulb on March 10, 2008, 12:54:06 PM

Rant?  How can such cogent eloquence qualify as a "rant" ?  :D

paulb

Quote from: Saul on March 10, 2008, 01:09:42 PM
Its terrible.

ahh what exactly is terrible?
Go read the story of Solomon.

paulb

oh allright. I will start writing with thoughts that will tickle everyones ears.
You know just everday common opinions.
I really want to become more respected around this place. ;)