Bernstein says that Beethoven was the greatest composer

Started by Saul, March 10, 2008, 07:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Dm on March 15, 2008, 05:59:48 AM
Is that permitted?

You are allowed to like a maximum of two, e.g., Handel and Beethoven.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

not edward

Quote from: Sforzando on March 15, 2008, 06:08:04 AM
You are allowed to like a maximum of two, e.g., Handel and Beethoven.
What a corkin' idea!

(Sorry, couldn't stop myself.)
"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

(poco) Sforzando

"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

lukeottevanger

Quote from: SforzandoYou are allowed to like a maximum of two, e.g., Handel and Beethoven.

Quote from: edwardWhat a corkin' idea!

I disagree - as far as favourites go, you can have only one, and that Saul.

flyingdutchman

Quote from: JoshLilly on March 12, 2008, 11:55:43 AM
Honestly, I can't be bothered. You can take this as that it doesn't exist (but it does), but it would take a long time. Plus, one of the big sites where this happened no longer exists; it was the site where I first encountered Larry Rinkel, but I can't remember exactly what it was called. Classical Insites or something like that, I think. After that, I didn't come near these types of websites for several years. The level of childish malice toward "inferiors" there was impressive, to say the least.

I think you're kidding, though, if you say you haven't witnessed such things yourself. I've even seen some of it go on here. I don't think I'd have to look far, but really, neither would anyone else if they want to see it, besides which, everyone already has seen it.

Is that anything like the childish malice you showed when you threatened to kill someone because they didn't elevate Mozart to your level of "greatness?"