FS: Two Out of Print Philips CDs, Richter's Diabelli and Beaux Arts Trio Haydn

Started by George, March 12, 2008, 09:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

First PM gets it. PM first, then post here.

I accept only paypal.

Shipping is included in the price.

All ratings are CD/Artwork and all cases are in great condition!

OOP Classical CDs

Haydn Piano Trios
HOB 24-27
Beaux Arts Trio
Philips
422 831-2
Made in West Germany by PDO
Silver Hub
Near Mint/Excellent
$20

Sviatoslav Richter
Beethoven Diabelli Variations
Live in Amsterdam, June 17, 1986
Philips
422 416-2
Made in West Germany by PMDC
Silver Hub
Near Mint CD and artwork
$60 $45

Thanks for looking!

:)

George

Saw this moments ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150222857858&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

So I will lower my price to $45. Keep in mind that the ebay one was not in near mint condition and mine includes shipping.

head-case

Quote from: George on March 12, 2008, 09:37:14 PM
Image of Richter CD for sale:

I find it in bad taste that he's trying to rip off his fellow posters with these CDs priced way above what could reasonably have paid for them.   By the way, you can get that Richter from Amazon for $14 bucks, so don't go anywhere near our greedy friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Diabelli-Variations-Ludwig-van/dp/B00000E3VQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1205426149&sr=8-3

The seller has 98% approval rating and you are protected  by amazon's guarantee in the event of a problem.

George

Quote from: head-case on March 13, 2008, 08:39:48 AM
I find it in bad taste that he's trying to rip off his fellow posters with these CDs priced way above what could reasonably have paid for them.   By the way, you can get that Richter from Amazon for $14 bucks, so don't go anywhere near our greedy friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Diabelli-Variations-Ludwig-van/dp/B00000E3VQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1205426149&sr=8-3

The seller has 98% approval rating and you are protected  by amazon's guarantee in the event of a problem.

1. That is not the same CD. Look at the label - it's on Polygram. Mine is on Philips.

2. Just because a few sellers may or may not have copies - that may or may not be in mint condition - does not make my CD worth any less. I have bought many CDs online that later turned out to not have the condition advertised or even the product as advertised and lost money on return postage. 

3. I am a longstanding member of this forum and will stand behind any CD I sell. If the buyer is not happy, he or she can return for a full refund within 2 weeks and I will even pay the return postage. You won't find that offer on amazon or ebay. If I were greedy, this CD would be on ebay with a starting bid of $40.

4. As for the tone and the language or your original post (before editing), this is yet another reminder as to why I only occasionally post here these days.

5. My offer stands, unchanged. If someone really wants it, they can PM me and we can work something out.   

George

orbital

I privately asked George to open up the thread at least temporarily, because the accusation above was really uncalled for, and I wanted to take a minute to express that having known George personally over the last year, I can easily attest to his generosity when it comes to CDs -myself having benefited many times from his offers. It would not make sense to try to rip people off especially for an item that is of interest to a very niche group of people who could easily figure out for themselves if the price asked was too much. This is not a place where people are clueless about recordings. Plus he did lower his price upon seeing the offer on Ebay anyway  :-*

George

Quote from: George on March 13, 2008, 04:45:55 PM
Update:

The Haydn is sold and the Richter is Pending!

The Richter is also sold!

Thanks for looking!  :)

Bogey

Hmmm.  This same rip off artist seems to share the avatar and screen name of the guy that:

1. Called me on my cell phone this past Wednesday to let me know he found a cd that I have been looking for in a used shop.
2. When I called him back, he had already left the shop, was a number of blocks away, and was ready to get on his train.
3. Asked if I still wanted it.
4. Ran back to the shop and picked it up for me.
5. Sent me the tab only after mailing the cd the very next day.
6. Only charged me the actual shipping and his cost of the cd.
7. All this for a less than $10 cd. 

Man, I can only hope he rips me off more often....ooops, he just did.  The mailman just dropped off another difficult to find cd he found for me last week as well.  ;)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz