What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Cato on May 05, 2024, 05:09:50 PMYes, check out The Hitch-Hiker, with Edmund O'Brien and Frank Lovejoy!

She also handled the comedy The Trouble with Angels, with Rosalind Russell and Hayley Mills.
Thanks.  I'm not familiar with the movies, but will look into them.

Stumbled across a new-to-me British show called Maryland.  Intrigued by what I saw of it.  Two estranged sisters finding out (upon their mother's death) that she had a very different past than they knew of (Sorry Cato...getting sleepy here).

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: Karl Henning on May 04, 2024, 05:50:22 PMPatrick McGoohan turned down the role of unscrupulous womanizer James Bond. In the first two episodes of The Prisoner, Number Six's gallant impulses leave him vulnerable to deceitful women, although in both cases the deception is a matter of leading him to believe that he can escape from the Village.
"Many Happy Returns" is one of my favorite episodes, head-fakes everywhere you turn.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Cato

Quote from: Karl Henning on May 07, 2024, 06:49:30 AM"Many Happy Returns" is one of my favorite episodes, head-fakes everywhere you turn.

Difficult to choose a "best" or "favorite" episode: Hammer into Anvil was a favorite of mine and of my friends. 8) 

Or...any episode with Leo McKern as Number 2!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Cato on May 07, 2024, 07:23:21 AMDifficult to choose a "best" or "favorite" episode
Very true!
QuoteOr...any episode with Leo McKern as Number 2!
And very true, again!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

DavidW

Finished season 7 of the new Who!  And wow, wow, wow!  It was a great season.  And a massive one too for a British episode.  It was 16 episodes long, had two Christmas specials and the fiftieth anniversary!

And I loved the new, improved Cybermen.  The return of the Angels back in their original form.  Also it was good that the season put emphasis on individual episodes instead of the absurd, long arc that was in the previous season.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Cato on May 07, 2024, 07:23:21 AMDifficult to choose a "best" or "favorite" episode: Hammer into Anvil was a favorite of mine and of my friends. 8)

This time it especially stands out to me when someone in the Village does indeed go by a name. It starts with "Arrival" when we meet # 6's colleague Cobb. In "Schizoid Man" we have both Alison (the young lady with whom #6 has a mental link) and fleeting suggestions of #12's name. There is  Dutton in "Dance of the Dead."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: Cato on May 07, 2024, 07:23:21 AMDifficult to choose a "best" or "favorite" episode: Hammer into Anvil was a favorite of mine and of my friends. 8)

"Checkmate"

#8: "May I see you again?"
#6: "Oh, yes, I'm here all the time."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA