Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched  (Read 3313072 times)

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
Re: Last Movie You Watched
« Reply #33380 on: Today at 07:26:13 AM »
Last night, Susan continued w/ her interest in cop/detective films but wanted color this time -  ::)   My pick:

In the Heat of the Night (1967) - a favorite of mine w/ music by Quincy Jones and Ray Charles doing the theme song - the Criterion BD in my collection was rated 5*/5* for both audio and visuals HERE, and looked spectacular on my 4K HDTV (which usually 'upscales' blu-rays).  Dave :)

In the Heat of the Night is an American mystery drama film directed by Norman Jewison. It tells the story of Virgil Tibbs, a Black police detective from Philadelphia, who becomes involved in a murder investigation in a small town in Mississippi. It stars Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger; the screenplay was written by Stirling Silliphant. At the 40th Academy Awards the film was nominated for seven Oscars, winning five including Best Picture and Best Actor for Steiger. (Source)

Offline VonStupp

• Veteran member
    • Amazon Public Profile
  • Currently Listening to:
    Backtracking through my catalog
Re: Last Movie You Watched
« Reply #33381 on: Today at 02:10:08 PM »
Hey VS - believe the Star Wars Franchise is at IX (as added above); there appears to be a X in pre-production (which would bring the saga duration to nearly 50 years - wow!) - see quote/link - for myself, I own the original trilogy (IV-VI) on BD, and earlier this year streamed the same ones as 4Ks on Disney+ (really looked great!) - now, I've streamed all of the remainder but have purchased none (assume I could stream on Disney) - but if memory recalls, I must say that the The Force Awakens is a favorite in that non-original bunch.  :)  Dave

I didn't know there was a 10th on the way Dave, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If addicted to that universe, between the big screen and small, one could really be over-saturated, I think.

VS
“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”