Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 dB

I am a 2020s hater. I hate what the World has become. This is the first decade in my life when I feel I don't belong to this reality at all (I have always felt I'm living on the wrong planet because of my personality/neurotype, but before this decade I felt I can connect to the World at least in some ways). I have almost nothing to offer the World and vice versa. Almost all the stuff that is good in the World is stuff that existed before. Sunshine on my face still feel nice. Pop music from 2010-12 sounds still cool. Recently I say the movie "Day of the Jackal" from 1973 and it was surprisingly good! This decade don't get credit for those things.

In order to cope with the misery of 2020s I have been listening to certain type of music from 1990-92 that feel nostalgic. I have been buying that kind of music online on CD. This has helped a lot. I now understand why older people live in the past. I was born in 1971. The World has become too "modern" for me. I am not against advancements in technology, but so much good has been destroyed as a side effect. Artificial Intelligent is cool, but the cost will be insane: a lot of people will be unemployed living in poverty while the profits go to ultra rich people. We are losing humanity. We are losing so much. Somehow we are creating a World were most people do nothing but struggle to survive instead of technology creating us ALL a paradise. So, that's why I rather live in the past while acknowledging only the best things of today. So, I listen to music such as this (a side project of Saint Etienne from 1991):

For me it is totally irrelevant if this kind of music is objectively bad or crap for somebody else. This music means surprisingly much to me.

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

AnotherSpin

AnotherSpin

Quote from: 71 dB on Today at 12:07:56 AMI am a 2020s hater. I hate what the World has become. This is the first decade in my life when I feel I don't belong to this reality at all (I have always felt I'm living on the wrong planet because of my personality/neurotype, but before this decade I felt I can connect to the World at least in some ways). I have almost nothing to offer the World and vice versa. Almost all the stuff that is good in the World is stuff that existed before. Sunshine on my face still feel nice. Pop music from 2010-12 sounds still cool. Recently I say the movie "Day of the Jackal" from 1973 and it was surprisingly good! This decade don't get credit for those things.

In order to cope with the misery of 2020s I have been listening to certain type of music from 1990-92 that feel nostalgic. I have been buying that kind of music online on CD. This has helped a lot. I now understand why older people live in the past. I was born in 1971. The World has become too "modern" for me. I am not against advancements in technology, but so much good has been destroyed as a side effect. Artificial Intelligent is cool, but the cost will be insane: a lot of people will be unemployed living in poverty while the profits go to ultra rich people. We are losing humanity. We are losing so much. Somehow we are creating a World were most people do nothing but struggle to survive instead of technology creating us ALL a paradise. So, that's why I rather live in the past while acknowledging only the best things of today. So, I listen to music such as this (a side project of Saint Etienne from 1991):

For me it is totally irrelevant if this kind of music is objectively bad or crap for somebody else. This music means surprisingly much to me.

You don't belong to this reality illusion at all. You are reality.

SimonNZ

Quote from: AnotherSpin on April 23, 2024, 12:03:02 PMLal Shahbaz Qalandar's content adapted for western ears.

I remember "Tracery", "Fault Lines" and "Avenue" being favorites from that.
Would that all such crossover albums were so interesting.

SimonNZ

Quote from: AnotherSpin on Today at 12:41:22 AMYungchen Lhamo - Tibet, Tibet

I once traded a copy of Tim Buckley's Starsailor album (the one that has the original "Song To The Siren") with a friend for his copy of Yungchen Lhamo's Coming Home album. No regrets.

AnotherSpin

Quote from: SimonNZ on Today at 03:48:41 AMI once traded a copy of Tim Buckley's Starsailor album (the one that has the original "Song To The Siren") with a friend for his copy of Yungchen Lhamo's Coming Home album. No regrets.

I was a big fan of Real World releases 20 or so years ago. Didn't listen for years, and now it sounds fresh again :)