What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I also finished S1 of Foundation.  I thought it was great.  I know I read them so long ago, if it was fresh I might have been mad... but those short stories and novellas have clever ideas but not much in the way of character development and depth.  I think the changes for the adaptation were necessary to make a tv show out of it, and I feel like ultimately it honors the themes and tone of the trilogy... but keep in mind that it has been a long time since I read it.

There is only one thing which is the violation of the three laws of robotics.  I do know that the last robot in the books adhered to the zeroth law which allowed him to do that, but that has not been addressed in the show.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 09:35:30 AMI also finished S1 of Foundation.  I thought it was great.  I know I read them so long ago, if it was fresh I might have been mad... but those short stories and novellas have clever ideas but not much in the way of character development and depth.  I think the changes for the adaptation were necessary to make a tv show out of it, and I feel like ultimately it honors the themes and tone of the trilogy... but keep in mind that it has been a long time since I read it.

There is only one thing which is the violation of the three laws of robotics.  I do know that the last robot in the books adhered to the zeroth law which allowed him to do that, but that has not been addressed in the show.

Boy, I haven't read those books for a gazillion years!  It looks like it's an Apple exclusive?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter