Last Movie You Watched

Started by Drasko, April 06, 2007, 07:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: George on Today at 09:08:33 AMGood to know. I haven't tried it yet, but my girlfriend and I got a Roku a few months back.

Youtube, on the other hand, really has ramped up their commercials. Luckily, I can watch it on Brave, with no commercials.

Yeah Tubi has like three commercial breaks for a whole movie, about the same that YT would impose on a ten minute video. ::)

George

Quote from: Brian on Today at 09:57:08 AMYoutube seems to be deliberately making their ads more obnoxious. They used to have a little warning countdown ("Ads beginning in 5...4...") which they removed in favor of sudden abrupt transitions. And now they'll make you sit through 45+ seconds before allowing the "skip" option.

Yeah, they make it look like "we'll keep snowballing you with ads until you pay our monthly fee."

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

DavidW

Quote from: George on Today at 10:27:09 AMYeah, they make it look like "we'll keep snowballing you with ads until you pay our monthly fee."

Well it worked for me.  I just couldn't take it.  It was either pay or stop watching youtube.  The latter is a serious possibility still...

Cato

Quote from: Brian on Today at 09:57:08 AMYoutube seems to be deliberately making their ads more obnoxious. They used to have a little warning countdown ("Ads beginning in 5...4...") which they removed in favor of sudden abrupt transitions. And now they'll make you sit through 45+ seconds before allowing the "skip" option.

More than once I have been listening to a musical work and in the middle of a movement - out of nowhere - on comes an ad!  :o

Bad enough, if the ads were placed between movements!

Continuing our alphabetical journey through our collection:

The Searchers - John Wayne, directed by John Ford, script by Frank Nugent from a novel by Alan Le May.

Great score by Max Steiner...except for the opening credits, where a dramatic introduction (reminiscent of King Kong) is spoiled by a "segue" into a sappy song groaned by a cowboy chorus!  ::)  😇

The novel is still in print: of interest is that Le May also wrote The Unforgiven, which was made into a movie with Burt Lancaster, Audrey Hepburn, and Lilian Gish.  Highly recommended also!

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Cato on Today at 11:37:42 AMThe Searchers - John Wayne, directed by John Ford, script by Frank Nugent from a novel by Alan Le May.
Great flick, to which you alerted me erewhile.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

drogulus

I knuckled under and got YT Premium. It's worth it for me. Right, Kony...?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot