The Back Room > The Diner

What are you currently reading?

(1/2338) > >>

facehugger:
i'm on t s eliot 'four quartets'. and my god it's amazing. i suspect i'm going to be here for a while. i adore that he doesn't give up his secrets easily, i can endlessly reread him

Mozart:

It's difficult, I spend a day on just 1 proof.

The Mad Hatter:
I'm not reading anything at the moment, because the last few books I picked up failed to hold my interest...

I did just read, however, Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell, by Suzanna Clarke, which I frankly thought was amazing. Written in the style of a Victorian novelist, it's by turns a fantasy, fairy tale, comedy, drama and romance, and is (to my great joy) the kind of story that can only be told by a book.

Harvested Sorrow:
I just finished The Idiot a few days ago and Freethinkers a few days before that.  Both were excellent.  I also read Lovcraft's The Colour out of Space.  Again, excellent, and very very chilling.  I'm now going to be starting on Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita (translated by Pevear and Volokhonsky) and Oren's Power, Faith and Fantasy and will be restarting on first volume of Nicholas Boyle's Goethe biography.

toro913:
John Irving's The World According to Garp and Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth, both are good books so far, but im biased towards Irving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version