The Back Room > The Diner

What are you currently reading?

<< < (2381/2400) > >>

DavidW:
Oh I've read The Club Dumas!  It is significantly different from the movie that they both can stand on their own.

vers la flamme:

--- Quote from: SimonNZ on May 23, 2022, 11:57:47 PM ---These on the go:

--- End quote ---

I ordered this. Excited to read it.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:

--- Quote from: vers la flamme on May 24, 2022, 06:38:24 AM ---I ordered this. Excited to read it.

--- End quote ---

It’s in my library. I will open it this summer!

Brian:
I've been saving Gardiner on Bach until some time when I can really make a project of listening to the cantatas, because - not surprising given his recordings - apparently the cantatas are a major part of his discussion in the book.

I'm reading "Can You Forgive Her?" If there is a GMG Trollope Society to go with our Dickens fans, please consider me a member.

Mookalafalas:

--- Quote from: Brian on May 25, 2022, 02:35:32 PM ---I've been saving Gardiner on Bach until some time when I can really make a project of listening to the cantatas, because - not surprising given his recordings - apparently the cantatas are a major part of his discussion in the book.

I'm reading "Can You Forgive Her?" If there is a GMG Trollope Society to go with our Dickens fans, please consider me a member.

--- End quote ---

On the Bach, me too. I got the book and read about half, but it absolutely becomes clear you need to have a set of the Cantatas on hand to get the most out of the book. I keep meaning to come back to it...
   On the Trollope, I am surprised you're a fan. I gave him a try, and just couldn't get into him. I love Dickens, and did my doctoral diss on 18th century British lit, so you you'd think he'd be in my wheelhouse, if not made to order for me. I'll have to give him another shot...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version