The Back Room > The Diner

What are you currently reading?

<< < (2/2342) > >>

George:
I'm reading the memoirs of David Dubal about Vladimir Horowitz.

It's called "Evenings With Horowitz."

Luckily they just stick to the music. 

...and yes, it's great!

bwv 1080:
Alternating between Ron Chernow's amazing biography of Alexander Hamilton and rereading (selectively) Shelby Foote's Civil War History

Bogey:

--- Quote from: bwv 1080 on April 08, 2007, 05:16:37 PM ---Alternating between Ron Chernow's amazing biography of Alexander Hamilton and rereading (selectively) Shelby Foote's Civil War History

--- End quote ---
[/b]

Which part are you re-reading?

SonicMan46:

--- Quote from: bwv 1080 on April 08, 2007, 05:16:37 PM ---Alternating between Ron Chernow's amazing biography of Alexander Hamilton and rereading (selectively) Shelby Foote's Civil War History

--- End quote ---

Just returned from a trip to Richmond, VA - great place for Civil War history (as you likely already know) - the famous 'ruins' of the Tredegar Iron Works is now the 'Visitor's Center' for the Richmond battlefields (includes both the '62 & '64 campaigns in the area); there is also a new 'commercial' exhibit museum that is quite good.  Also, just finished Gary Gallagher's superb lecture series (on DVD) from the Teaching Company - outstanding.  Dave  :D

Varg:
Lucrece "De La Nature"

I cant give you an english/latin equivalent to the author's name, nor to the title; i cant really speak english, and i know nothing about latin. Those of you who are familiar with antique Greek/Roman philosophy probably know who he is/was. Maybe Lucrecius "Of Nature"?!!

I like it. He has a very poetic, deep and elegant way of speaking about Nature.

Those ancient spirits! ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version