My string quartet

Started by Rod Corkin, March 27, 2008, 07:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod Corkin

Quote from: DavidRoss on April 19, 2008, 04:26:35 AM
Some of the wackos who frequent this joint are so obnoxious I wish they would just go away, but you, dear Rod, are a fount of mirth.  Victor Borge might be funnier, but you run a close second.  Do you play the piano?

edited to correct a fishy typo

The number of wackos here is one of the main reasons I decided to create my own forum. I keep popping back here to see if things have changed, but they never do. A shame really.
"If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/classicalmusicmayhem/

BachQ

Quote from: Rod Corkin on April 21, 2008, 01:26:57 AM
The number of wackos here is one of the main reasons I decided to create my own forum. I keep popping back here to see if things have changed, but they never do. A shame really.

Thankfully, you have your own wacko-free forum in which to retreat ..........

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Rod Corkin on April 21, 2008, 01:26:57 AM

If so, then:
1) Why return?
2) Why invite any of us to your site?
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Rod Corkin

Quote from: Sforzando on April 21, 2008, 03:37:34 AM
If so, then:
1) Why return?
2) Why invite any of us to your site?

1) Because I am a member, I am an eternal optimist, I don't like the idea of the bully boys having it all their own way, and now and again I see a topic here that actually captures my interest.

2) Well I don't recall extending an official open invitation here, I expect that would be frowned upon by the management! I think I first 'advertised' my site here in the music downloads topic and got told off. Feel free to join up if you want, if only to have a look for ammunition, but it has a different angle to this place. I don't get this thing about belonging only to one forum, I've lost count of the number I'm a member of, and even the Mods here are members of other CM related forums I'm sure. No doubt like many other members I originally found out about GMG from something I read at another forum, so nobody can take the moral high ground on this matter - GMG gains from this kind of thing too.
"If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/classicalmusicmayhem/

snyprrr

I had grown weary at GMG this eve, and had set out to find a string quartet forum somewhere, when all of a sudden this little gem popped up. Bumping it for later.