Who is Gordon Brown?

Started by BachQ, May 02, 2007, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BachQ

mahlertitan

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Hector

Chancellor of the Exchequer in the UK Government.

A Scot and likely to be the new Prime Minister when Blair resigns next week.

knight66

Was brought up in Hamilton Lanarkshire, Scotland; son of a Church of Scotland minister. I also was brought up in that armpit and Rev Brown was the Chaplin of my school, I was in that local youth group. I met Gordon Brown a few times just before he went to university and then in his first year. It was during his long hair years. I was a bit younger and knew his younger brother, who then was frankly a thug.

I have no claims to know him and though we have met and I do in a way now work for him, I should not think for a moment that my face or name would ring a bell.

I would add that having had to work on the ground with a number of his policies, he is incapable of producing a straight forward policy, they are usually so complex that they require a great deal of administrative costs to implement them. A very clever man, possibly too clever.

Mike

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Michel

I heart Gordon Brown. One of the true left wingers still left in mainstream British politics.

knight66

Quote from: Michel on May 03, 2007, 06:54:58 AM
I heart Gordon Brown. One of the true left wingers still left in mainstream British politics.

Michel, what did you mean to type?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

dtwilbanks

Quote from: knight on May 03, 2007, 07:16:55 AM
Michel, what did you mean to type?

Mike

I think that's exactly what he meant to type.

BachQ

Quote from: knight on May 03, 2007, 04:53:45 AM
Was brought up in Hamilton Lanarkshire, Scotland; son of a Church of Scotland minister. I also was brought up in that armpit and Rev Brown was the Chaplin of my school, I was in that local youth group. I met Gordon Brown a few times just before he went to university and then in his first year. It was during his long hair years. I was a bit younger and knew his younger brother, who then was frankly a thug.

I have no claims to know him and though we have met and I do in a way now work for him, I should not think for a moment that my face or name would ring a bell.

I would add that having had to work on the ground with a number of his policies, he is incapable of producing a straight forward policy, they are usually so complex that they require a great deal of administrative costs to implement them. A very clever man, possibly too clever.

Mike

Thanks very much for the "insider's view" on Gordon Brown. 

Considering that he's about to become the second most powerful person in the Western World, it's nice to know a bit about him . . . . . .

Hector

Quote from: D Minor on May 03, 2007, 01:39:51 PM
Thanks very much for the "insider's view" on Gordon Brown. 

Considering that he's about to become the second most powerful person in the Western World, it's nice to know a bit about him . . . . . .

Second?