Andromeda Bruckner Recordings

Started by canninator, May 03, 2007, 12:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canninator

Hello all. First post.

I'm always a bit wary of purchasing historical recordings without some kind of input on the sound quality. I'm interested in the Andromeda Bruckner box sets (Schuricht, Knappertsbusch, Furtwangler). Can anyone vouch for the sound quality of these recordings and maybe even whether the dates are even what they say they are?

Thanks.

Harry

Quote from: canninator on May 03, 2007, 12:53:09 AM
Hello all. First post.

I'm always a bit wary of purchasing historical recordings without some kind of input on the sound quality. I'm interested in the Andromeda Bruckner box sets (Schuricht, Knappertsbusch, Furtwangler). Can anyone vouch for the sound quality of these recordings and maybe even whether the dates are even what they say they are?

Thanks.

It really depends on your tolerance. A friend of mine has some of these boxsets, and I never heard him complain. But he is no great sucker for top sound so..............
I will try to phone him and ask.
I am sure that he has the Schuricht.

canninator

Quote from: Harry on May 03, 2007, 12:56:53 AM
It really depends on your tolerance. A friend of mine has some of these boxsets, and I never heard him complain. But he is no great sucker for top sound so..............
I will try to phone him and ask.
I am sure that he has the Schuricht.

Like him, I am no great sucker for top sound. I have the Furtwangler 1949 on Testament and its a particular favorite. Now if only I could track down the Furtwangler 9th Berlin 1944, without selling a kidney, I'd be happy.

Drasko

Quote from: canninator on May 03, 2007, 01:35:05 AM
Now if only I could track down the Furtwangler 9th Berlin 1944, without selling a kidney, I'd be happy.

Are kidneys so cheap these days?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilhelm-Furtwängler-50th-Anniversary-Album/dp/B0002ANRZS

canninator

Quote from: Drasko on May 03, 2007, 02:07:13 AM
Are kidneys so cheap these days?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilhelm-Furtwängler-50th-Anniversary-Album/dp/B0002ANRZS

Thanks for that, all is now good with the world. I had spent so long searching for the original DG or the Music and Arts releases I'd missed this little beauty.