Author Topic: Sir William Walton  (Read 78326 times)

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
Re: Sir William Walton
« Reply #700 on: October 31, 2021, 01:52:30 AM »
Never heard of it! Just ordered it. Thanks Lol.

A bargain, Jeffrey. A return favour for the Warlock book heads up, which I am enjoying very much.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #701 on: October 31, 2021, 01:59:39 AM »
A bargain, Jeffrey. A return favour for the Warlock book heads up, which I am enjoying very much.
Pleased to hear it Lol! I'm hoping to sneak over to Down Ampney when I'm in my 'Glamping/Shepherd's Hut' in the Cotswolds next week to see VW's birthplace and visit the church where his father was vicar.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #702 on: October 31, 2021, 05:56:14 AM »
Pleased to hear it Lol! I'm hoping to sneak over to Down Ampney when I'm in my 'Glamping/Shepherd's Hut' in the Cotswolds next week to see VW's birthplace and visit the church where his father was vicar.

Hopefully the book will arrive before you depart, Jeffrey. In case it doesn't - since 2001 a display at the church of a series of five boards "on which his life related and his musical output charted".
Have a great trip and fully report back on your return.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.