Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 03:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

Quote from: Dm on April 23, 2008, 06:35:38 AM
Brahms is only about 1/3 as good as Beethoven .......

Tut-tut.  $:)

eyeresist

Look out - it's the Brahms Police!  :o

max

...this may even sound reasonable to Brahms own opinion of himself vis a vis Beethoven but then it's kind of hard to say because Brahms is VERY different from Beethoven!

BachQ

Quote from: max on April 23, 2008, 10:25:52 PM
...this may even sound reasonable to Brahms own opinion of himself vis a vis Beethoven but then it's kind of hard to say because Brahms is VERY different from Beethoven!

One thing we know with absolute certainty: Brahms worshipped Beethoven ........  0:) 

MN Dave

Quote from: max on April 23, 2008, 10:25:52 PM

Not as different as some. What do you think the main differences are?

M forever

Quote from: Dm on April 23, 2008, 06:38:17 AM
A first for the orchestra will be a pair of concerts in the vast space of Hanger 2 at Tempelhoff Airport, the airport of the former East Berlin.

Tempelhof (not "hoff") is in West Berlin. Not that it matters much in this context though.

greg

Funny, I've never even visited the Beethoven thread.

The new erato

Quote from: Dm on April 24, 2008, 05:09:26 AM
One thing we know with absolute certainty: Brahms worshipped Beethoven ........  0:) 
And we will never know the possibility of it being the other way around..................

greg

Quote from: erato on April 26, 2008, 12:22:53 AM
And we will never know the possibility of it being the other way around..................
doesn't that suck? I mean, I could've possibly said stuff like "Beethoven worshipped Brahms"....... has a nice sound to it.

BachQ

Bonehelm

Quote from: M forever on April 24, 2008, 08:38:34 PM
Tempelhof (not "hoff") is in West Berlin. Not that it matters much in this context though.

Here we have the spelling nazi guru again. No one cares, hotshot.

M forever

Quote from: Wotan on April 27, 2008, 12:31:53 AM
Here we have the spelling nazi guru again. No one cares, hotshot.

Yes, and "Nazi" has to be spelled with a capital "N" in that context because it is a name (or an abbreviation for one). Don't you know anything?

greg

Bonehelm

Quote from: M forever on April 29, 2008, 07:08:33 PM
Yes, and "Nazi" has to be spelled with a capital "N" in that context because it is a name (or an abbreviation for one). Don't you know anything?

Of course, of all people, I would expect you M the great German master to know how to spell that word. Especially when you are one of those who are picky about everything that doesn't really matter and take the most trivial, infantile things seriously.  ::)

greg

Quote from: Wotan on April 30, 2008, 07:58:43 PM
Of course, of all people, I would expect you M the great German master to know how to spell that word. Especially when you are one of those who are picky about everything that doesn't really matter and take the most trivial, infantile things seriously.  ::)
(whisper whisper)
even worse than the soup nNazi......

(runs away desperately)

M forever

Quote from: Wotan on April 30, 2008, 07:58:43 PM

You are mistaken about that. For instance, the most trivial, infantile thing on this forum is you, and I don't take you seriously at all.

Brian

Actually, I often call myself a Grammar Nazi, and proudly. What's the ruckus?