Eroica

Started by Mozart, May 03, 2007, 11:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozart

There is a score, video and listening guide on this website.

http://www.keepingscore.org/flash/beethoven/index.html

dtwilbanks

Very cool. Thanks.

Mozart

Wish there were less pauses!

PerfectWagnerite

Cool stuff man !

I LOVEEEEEE MTT !!!

And Copland also !

Steve

This is wonderful!  :)

hornteacher

The Keeping Score DVDs are fantastic as well.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: hornteacher on May 03, 2007, 01:27:16 PM
The Keeping Score DVDs are fantastic as well.

Indeed. I have the ones made from the original broadcast of the Eroica and also the Copland. I think MTT goes out a bit on an imaginative limb in spots, but I very much enjoyed it anyway. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on May 03, 2007, 02:32:17 PM
Indeed. I have the ones made from the original broadcast of the Eroica and also the Copland. I think MTT goes out a bit on an imaginative limb in spots, but I very much enjoyed it anyway. :)

8)

Going out on an imaginative limb is much better than a windbag like Ben Zander whose every sentence is a personification of his own hubris.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on May 03, 2007, 04:14:45 PM
Going out on an imaginative limb is much better than a windbag like Ben Zander whose every sentence is a personification of his own hubris.

Don't disagree with the sentiment, vis-a-vis MTT. It was really quite a fascinating 2 hours, actually.

As for Zander, I really don't care about him, the person. I did find that what he had to say was interesting, if not definitive. One always has to listen to other points of view and concede their validity (if they have any) whether they agree with one's own POV or not. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

hornteacher

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on May 03, 2007, 02:32:17 PM

8)

True, but I find his enthusiasm very refreshing.  You can tell he's really in love with the music.