freaking artificial colors!!

Started by маразм1, April 28, 2008, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

маразм1

I went to a supermarket to buy pickles.  Every jar had yellow 5.  why?  Regular pickles look fine, why do they have to make them MORE yellow?!?
I actually wound up finding a jar without any colors.  This is ridiculous!

Just like they put red paint in raspberry jam, or red paint in chips.  I hate artificial stuff, especially when it is obviously unneeded! 

what do you think?

MN Dave

Gurn Blanston

I agree with you, absolutely unneeded. It is strictly a marketing thing, people are attracted to bright colors and loud noises. I can't give you a brand name, but look for what they call "new pickles". They look like (and have that nice crunchiness) fresh cucumbers. IIRC, you live in NYC. Go to a deli and ask for some. Just a touch of dill. Pickle perfection! :)

8)

----------------
Listening to:
Vienna PO / Muti - Haydn 7 Last Words for Orchestra pt 7 Sonata VI
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

eyeresist

I'll tell you a product with an unnecessary additive: scented toilet paper.

Anne

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on April 28, 2008, 06:09:55 PM
I agree with you, absolutely unneeded. It is strictly a marketing thing, people are attracted to bright colors and loud noises. I can't give you a brand name, but look for what they call "new pickles". They look like (and have that nice crunchiness) fresh cucumbers. IIRC, you live in NYC. Go to a deli and ask for some. Just a touch of dill. Pickle perfection! :)

8)

----------------
Listening to:
Vienna PO / Muti - Haydn 7 Last Words for Orchestra pt 7 Sonata VI

In Michigan they are called Claussens (not sure of the spelling but that is the brand name).

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Anne on April 29, 2008, 04:14:03 PM
In Michigan they are called Claussens (not sure of the spelling but that is the brand name).

Yup, Claussens make a good pickle. I didn't know they made a "new pickle", but may well do. If you go to any deli in Chicago you can get the real deal. Oh, and no artificial colors either! :)

8)

----------------
Listening to:
Vienna SO / Sanderling  Richter - Bia 103 WoO 6 Rondo in Bb for Piano - Allegro - Andante - Tempo I -
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

uffeviking

A very simple solution to avoid any artificial colours: Buy organic!   8)