Avant Garde Project torrent 59 is up and running

Started by loudav, May 04, 2007, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loudav

AGP59 features three of Morton Subotnick's works for instruments and ghost electronics, supplementing those included in AGP6. This installment comprises three works of the fourteen that Subotnick composed in that medium. Passages of the Beast has Ramon Kireilis on clarinet. Parallel Lines has Laurence Trott on piccolo with members of the Buffalo Philharmonic and Buffalo Creative Associates, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas. The Wild Beasts has Miles Anderson on trombone and Virko Baley on piano.

As a bittorrent-only bonus track, I have added a recording of Morton Feldman's King of Denmark, performed by Yasukazu Amemiya on percussion. This was left over from my transcription of an LP that was included in AGP20. It doesn't necessarily fit with the Subotnick, but there was room for it in this installment. It's lovely.

Check it out at:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3680902

Enjoy!

S709

loudav

Quote from: Xantus' Murrelet on May 04, 2007, 02:31:25 PM
Another wonderful AGP volume, thanks !!  :) :) :)

Thanks for your continuing appreciation, XM. A shout out also to the warm and collegial Maciek (and baby Rose--love the red socks!).

This one has been a surprisingly long time coming: about a year since the first Subotnick installment. Evidently, I have transcriptional ADHD.

Lou

Maciek

Thanks once more! AGP rulez! :D

Cheers from Rose! 8)

Maciek