Upcoming releases from Brilliant....

Started by Harry, May 28, 2008, 12:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

In a few weeks this will be internationally released on the label Brilliant, exciting enough I think.

The Magnard I bought last year for full price, so I am really pissed, the Martinu done by Jarvi I had for a long time, and is worth the modest investment. Both BIS recordings.
The Reger is a  Chandos recording, absolutely worth you while.
Alban Berg, Complete Chamber Music, Schoenberg Ensemble.

Magnard, 2 cd's 14,- euro's.
Martinu 3 cd's  14,- euro's
Reger 2 cd's  9 euro's.
Berg, 1 cd 6,- euro.

Enjoy!

Harry

And these two :)

Lethevich

Looks like a nice opportunity to hear some Reger for the first time :D
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Harry

Quote from: Lethe on May 28, 2008, 02:01:47 AM
Looks like a nice opportunity to hear some Reger for the first time :D

That is a excellent set to have Sarah.
As always with Brilliant, sold out is forever.
So grab it while you can! :)

Wanderer

Thanks for letting us know, Harry! Do keep us posted on further subsequent releases that come to your attention, if you may.  8)

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: Harry on May 28, 2008, 12:39:36 AM
In a few weeks this will be internationally released on the label Brilliant, exciting enough I think.

The Magnard I bought last year for full price, so I am really pissed, the Martinu done by Jarvi I had for a long time, and is worth the modest investment. Both BIS recordings.
The Reger is a  Chandos recording, absolutely worth you while.
Alban Berg, Complete Chamber Music, Schoenberg Ensemble.

Magnard, 2 cd's 14,- euro's.
Martinu 3 cd's  14,- euro's
Reger 2 cd's  9 euro's.
Berg, 1 cd 6,- euro.

Enjoy!
Thank you Harry for letting us know. I have half the Magnard cycle so now it's time and price to get the whole thing.
Thanks.

Harry

Quote from: Wanderer on May 28, 2008, 03:04:32 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Harry! Do keep us posted on further subsequent releases that come to your attention, if you may.  8)

Yes, as soon as I get the okay from my contact, I will do! :)

Harry

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on May 28, 2008, 03:29:43 AM
Thank you Harry for letting us know. I have half the Magnard cycle so now it's time and price to get the whole thing.
Thanks.

Well you are lucky, this box is cheaper as a full priced BIS.
And the price could be even lower as I quoted.

Harry

Two releases this time, will be on the market in a short time.

First Handel, complete Harpsichord Works, played by Michael Borgstede, on 4 cd's. #18,- euro's, could be less.
New recordings.

The second issue speaks for it self I think. 2 cd's 9,- euro's, could also be less. Decca recordings.

Harry

Huh, no one interested in Handel's harpsichord music, it isn't Borgstede what, damn fine player he is, and from what I heard, its as good as his Couperin, yes Sir! ;D

Harry

Some new upcoming releases from Brilliant

Telemann, Volume III in their ongoing series to record all orchestral works.
And Carrisimi oratorias, recording with McCreesh

Harry

Brilliant was generous today :)

Telemann's recorder music.

And the first in a complete recording of all of Soler's Harpsichord music played by Pieter Jan Belder.
I am very curious after this one, very! The Naxos recordings I have are already superb.

Harry

And for all that expected the 7th volume, well I know at least me and Sonicman (Dave) did, the Haydn finally arrived.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Harry on June 11, 2008, 11:33:13 PM
And for all that expected the 7th volume, well I know at least me and Sonicman (Dave) did, the Haydn finally arrived.

I'm holding out for the "big box", Harry. I expect to get all the SQ's there. Please, DO let me know when it is imminent. I'm saving my nickels and dimes in prodigious quantities... :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

karlhenning

Harry

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on June 12, 2008, 04:34:47 AM
I'm holding out for the "big box", Harry. I expect to get all the SQ's there. Please, DO let me know when it is imminent. I'm saving my nickels and dimes in prodigious quantities... :)

8)

What I understood is this, that they will release a box with the series already finished, all ongoing projects are not included, but this info is wobbly to say the least. I keep you informed!

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Harry on May 28, 2008, 12:39:36 AM
The Magnard I bought last year for full price, so I am really pissed

I happened to see this at amazon.de last night (€12.99). I wasn't pissed. I've had the full-price CDs for several years...I feel I've gotten my money's worth. Look at it philosophically: someone has to pay the original price in order to keep new recordings coming.

But the main reason I'm posting is to once again urge people to hear Magnard's music. This is, overall, I think, the best cycle. Now you can hear it cheap.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

SonicMan46

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on June 12, 2008, 04:34:47 AM

Gurn & Harry - well, that's going to be a BIG box!   :D  BTW, I added this group in the Op. 1 & 2 works recently (which are more like pre-SQs, I guess, esp. w/ Haydn's description of these works) - so, now own ALL of the Haydn SQs w/ some duplications, but done by a wide variety of performers - does one really need ONE group doin' them all?  ;) ;D  Dave

Harry

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 12, 2008, 05:07:59 AM
I happened to see this at amazon.de last night (€12.99). I wasn't pissed. I've had the full-price CDs for several years...I feel I've gotten my money's worth. Look at it philosophically: someone has to pay the original price in order to keep new recordings coming.

But the main reason I'm posting is to once again urge people to hear Magnard's music. This is, overall, I think, the best cycle. Now you can hear it cheap.

Sarge

I understand that Sarge, but i bought mine in December last year, so I am pissed. ;)
And me thinks, I buy enough full price, to deserve a lucky find, now and again, right? ;D
Someone told me to seek out the Hyperion recordings too, do you think that are worth to add to the ones I already have?

Harry

Quote from: SonicMan on June 12, 2008, 05:41:56 AM
Gurn & Harry - well, that's going to be a BIG box!   :D  BTW, I added this group in the Op. 1 & 2 works recently (which are more like pre-SQs, I guess, esp. w/ Haydn's description of these works) - so, now own ALL of the Haydn SQs w/ some duplications, but done by a wide variety of performers - does one really need ONE group doin' them all?  ;) ;D  Dave

Nah, of course not, but are you okay with the Buchbergers so far Dave? ;D