Friday 13th coming up, holy crap

Started by маразм1, June 12, 2008, 08:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: Jezetha on June 12, 2008, 01:48:23 PM
It's my birthday (in 13 minutes).

Happy birthday my friend, stay healthy and happy.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Harry on June 13, 2008, 02:09:21 PM
Happy birthday my friend, stay healthy and happy.

Bedankt, Harry. The day is already over, but we are going to eat out to celebrate this evening, my wife Jannie, my little girl, Dunya, and me.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Keemun

Well, I hope we all made it through Friday the 13th unscathed.  8)  According to my brief review of the calendar, the next one appears to be in February 2009.
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Keemun on June 14, 2008, 07:08:33 AM
Well, I hope we all made it through Friday the 13th unscathed.  8)  According to my brief review of the calendar, the next one appears to be in February 2009.

I am still alive. But 13 February - that's the 'holy day' (Nietzsche) on which Richard Wagner died, in 1883...
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

mahler10th

On Friday the 13th June 1980, I squared up to a large fellow two years older than in my second last year at school and he gave me one hell of a beating.  I did this because my best friend broke my camera and I wouldn't fight him because he was 'stronger'. ::)  Fortunately, Friday 13th's since then have proved to be remarkably quiet for me. :P

Wanderer

In Greece, it's Tuesday 13th instead of Friday 13th that's considered unlucky.

And to the belated wishes' department, happy birthday, Johan8)

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Wanderer on June 14, 2008, 08:11:26 AM
And to the belated wishes' department, happy birthday, Johan8)

My timely thanks...!  ;)

lukeottevanger

Having entirely missed the fact that it was your birthday yesterday Johan, may I be the first to wish you many happy returns for next year?

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: lukeottevanger on June 14, 2008, 09:31:18 AM
Having entirely missed the fact that it was your birthday yesterday Johan, may I be the first to wish you many happy returns for next year?

You're quick!  ;D

lukeottevanger

Nothing to do with the 13th but a propos of birthdays, it's my little boy's birthday on the 16th. He was due on the 17th, but I just knew he was going to be a literary sort, so I predicted he would be born a day early, on the centennial of Bloomsday. And he was. Should have called him James. Or Leopold. Or Stephen. Or Joyce. But we didn't.

mahler10th

Quote from: Jezetha on June 14, 2008, 09:33:20 AM
You're quick!  ;D

Johan, are you as old as Brian William  Brian William Havergal  William Havergal Brian in the avatar?   :o

prémont

Quote from: Wanderer on June 14, 2008, 08:11:26 AM
In Greece, it's Tuesday 13th instead of Friday 13th that's considered unlucky.

In my country many Danes fear Monday the 13th.

I fear the 11th more, whatever the day of the week, and I never travel on the 11th in any month.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: mahler10th on June 14, 2008, 09:41:07 AM
Johan, are you as old as Brian William  Brian William Havergal  William Havergal Brian in the avatar?   :o

No, fortunately not. I was born in 1961...

Quote from: premont on June 14, 2008, 09:41:13 AM
In my country many Danes fear Monday the 13th.

I fear the 11th more, whatever the day of the week, and I never travel on the 11th in any month.

I didn't know you were Danish. AFAIK, you're the second Dane on the Forum (mikkeljs is the other).

prémont

Quote from: Jezetha on June 14, 2008, 10:33:57 AM
I didn't know you were Danish.

And now I am a bit curious to get to know, what you supposed.  :)

Quote from: Jezetha on June 14, 2008, 10:33:57 AM
AFAIK, you're the second Dane on the Forum (mikkeljs is the other).

Yes, I think Mikkel is the only other Dane on the forum p.t.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: premont on June 14, 2008, 10:58:51 AM
And now I am a bit curious to get to know, what you supposed.  :)

I had no idea what nationality you were, to be honest. But I love Denmark and Danish culture (painting, music, language, literature), that's all...

mn dave

Quote from: premont on June 14, 2008, 10:58:51 AM
Yes, I think Mikkel is the only other Dane on the forum p.t.

I've always wondered if we had any. Now I know.  :)

greg

Quote from: mn dave on June 14, 2008, 11:14:13 AM
him and Daniel, when he used to post, but that was over a year ago when he stopped.
too bad Norgard isn't into computers, else he'd probably be posting a bit here, too.

prémont

Quote from: Jezetha on June 14, 2008, 11:11:55 AM
I had no idea what nationality you were, to be honest. But I love Denmark and Danish culture (painting, music, language, literature), that's all...

And I can say, that I am very fond of Dutch culture, frst and foremost music and painting.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Wanderer

Quote from: Jezetha on June 14, 2008, 11:11:55 AM
Quote from: mn dave on June 14, 2008, 11:14:13 AM

Initially, I failed to see Dave's quote for his post, which resulted in my perception of these consecutive posts (quoted above) as in relation to each other.   ;D