The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

And what was your own position on that game?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Henk

I joined the game, so I'm not sensible. But I might stop with it  :'(.

Elgarian

Is being sensible a Good Thing?

Henk

It's probably not about good or wrong. But it's obvious you have less attention to listening to music.

Henk

karlhenning

It doesn't matter who's wrong or right.

Just beat it . . . .

Henk

Quote from: Elgarian on July 07, 2009, 08:09:54 AM
Is being sensible a Good Thing?

There's a Dutch saying: "keep the sensible for the dumb".

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 07, 2009, 09:08:41 AM
Just beat it . . . .

The carpet? The egg? The system? The clock? Time?

Elgarian

Quote from: Henk on July 07, 2009, 09:26:57 AM
There's a Dutch saying: "keep the sensible for the dumb".
That sounds sensible to me... er, no, I mean ....  ???

Opus106

Is this sensible?

Quotefor those of you long-time Gmail-ers who might feel some separation anxiety, we've got a solution. Just go to Settings, click on Labs, turn on "Back to Beta," and it'll be like Gmail never left beta at all.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/gmail-leaves-beta-launches-back-to-beta.html
Regards,
Navneeth

Elgarian

It seems to take the meaning of 'sensible' to dizzy new depths.

Henk

The reason why this forum is so good is when there's a conflict between two members nobody mind about it  :). The conflict then vanishes. But as a consequence of the conflict, as in all things, power relations take shape, which is of course a good thing.  ;D

karlhenning

Quote from: Henk on July 09, 2009, 07:03:51 AM
The reason why this forum is so good is when there's a conflict between two members nobody mind about it.

Smile when you say that.

;)

Henk

I edited the message :P.

Elgarian

Has there been an important conflict that I missed? (I tend to go for the quiet life, myself.)

Henk

Quote from: Elgarian on July 09, 2009, 08:10:25 AM
Has there been an important conflict that I missed? (I tend to go for the quiet life, myself.)

See thread "schoolgirl crushes", a conflict between me and DavidW about editing messages which got a different turn.

Henk

DavidW

I don't consider that a conflict, I simply voiced my complaint.

Henk

Quote from: DavidW on July 09, 2009, 08:24:23 AM
I don't consider that a conflict, I simply voiced my complaint.

Come on, you say I manipulate people here, that I'm not honest. After explaining you arguing wrong about the editing discussion, you try to make me ridiculous and bully me.

DavidW

You're really blowing everything out of proportion, you seem very upset.  I didn't insult you, nor did I bully you.  There's no reason to get so upset.  I bear you no ill will.

Elgarian

Ouch. Sorry, sorry - I had no idea I was acting as a catalyst for all this reopening of wounds. Is it possible to stop it escalating again? (To this detached observer, this looks more like a series of misunderstandings, rather than actual harm being intended by anyone.) Anyway - my apologies for inadvertently relighting the fuse.

DavidW

Quote from: Elgarian on July 09, 2009, 09:15:29 AM
Ouch. Sorry, sorry - I had no idea I was acting as a catalyst for all this reopening of wounds. Is it possible to stop it escalating again? (To this detached observer, this looks more like a series of misunderstandings, rather than actual harm being intended by anyone.) Anyway - my apologies for inadvertently relighting the fuse.

Well if I had known how easily Henk's feelings are hurt I wouldn't have said anything! :D