The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 11:06:11 AM
This deal with folks trying to get all the music categorized, numbered and boxed is driving me batty.
Is MN Dave neoclassical?

Dr. Dread

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 11:11:23 AM
He's Romantic...mostly.  ;D
Ah, but if he's late romantic, in the grand tradition, that means listening to him induces nihilism!

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Brian on August 07, 2009, 11:24:07 AM
Ah, but if he's late romantic, in the grand tradition, that means listening to him induces nihilism!

>:(   ;D

Dr. Dread

I'll have the Grand Style cheeseburger, please.

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 11:06:11 AM
This deal with folks trying to get all the music categorized, numbered and boxed is driving me batty.

I don't think I've visited that thread. Please tell me where it is, so I can categorise it, number it, and put it in a box.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Elgarian on August 07, 2009, 11:42:08 AM
I don't think I've visited that thread. Please tell me where it is, so I can categorise it, number it, and put it in a box.

Oh, you'll find it.

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 11:43:02 AM
Oh, you'll find it.

I may not. I have my eyes closed.

If we did put labels on ourselves (eg MN Dave is Romantic Mostly), what would they be? I think mine would be Slightly Soppy Late English Romantic Folksy Baroque With Occasional Palm Court Overtones.

Brian

Quote from: Elgarian on August 07, 2009, 11:47:11 AMSlightly Soppy Late English Romantic Folksy Baroque With Occasional Palm Court Overtones.
That turn of phrase reminds me of the Indoor Outdoor Luxury Barbecue and Finger Buffet with Riparian Entertainments:

Dr. Dread

Romantic Mostly But If You Pay Me I'll Listen To Whatever You'd Like For Instance That Delius Character

greg

Franco

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 11:50:38 AM
If You Pay Me I'll Listen To Whatever You'd Like For Instance That Delius Character

You'd do that for money?

Elgarian

Quote from: Brian on August 07, 2009, 11:49:51 AM
That turn of phrase reminds me of the Indoor Outdoor Luxury Barbecue and Finger Buffet with Riparian Entertainments:

I forgot to include Elvis and Bob. Why is life so complicated sometimes?

Dr. Dread

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 12:01:48 PM
Or some barbecue.

So what sort of exchange rate are we talking, here? Say, I give you a chicken thigh and a beefburger, for - let's think - on Hearing the First Cuckoo? That seem fair?

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Elgarian on August 07, 2009, 12:04:44 PM
So what sort of exchange rate are we talking, here? Say, I give you a chicken thigh and a beefburger, for - let's think - on Hearing the First Cuckoo? That seem fair?

Oh, yes. That would be fine.

karlhenning

Not enough curling jokes.

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 07, 2009, 12:05:24 PM
Oh, yes. That would be fine.

Chicken thigh and beefburger are in the post. (I can't believe you agreed to this, Dave. Man, you must be hungry.)