The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethevich

Discovery for today: 'poetical' is still an accepted word in the English language. I had assumed it was phased out.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

MN Dave

9,780,000 google hits.

Opus106

9,940,000!

If anything, it's increasing by the minute. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Creative naming schemes. :D

Sub-titled: Early works for voices, viols and virginals

Music for voices, viols & harpsichord, from a time of persecution

Regards,
Navneeth

Franco

Byrd Dog

Use your imagination.

karlhenning

Szykneij

Birds, Byrds, and Birdies

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

CD

I'm Wuorinen that Byrd to stop Messiaen up its Cage.

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

drogulus

Quote from: MN Dave on October 16, 2009, 05:44:27 AM
Man, do you have to over-think EVERYTHING?  :D

Did you know that not collecting stamps is a hobby?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Szykneij

Quote from: drogulus on October 26, 2009, 06:54:12 PM
    Did you know that not collecting stamps is a hobby?

Philatenotly

drogulus

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Opus106

Quote from: opus106 on October 26, 2009, 06:53:01 AM
Creative naming schemes. :D

Sub-titled: Early works for voices, viols and virginals

Music for voices, viols & harpsichord, from a time of persecution

Different label and ... ugh!

;D

QuoteArmonico Consort's 'Naked Byrd' programme [features] music by composers who wore their hearts on their sleeves and whose art saw their emotions laid bare
Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich

I saw something neat earlier. There were some new lamp posts installed along a path I was walking, and there were still the factory stickers on the sides, reading:

"CAUTION

HEAVY OBJECT"

In case the 20 feet of shining metal was not evidence enough...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Elgarian

Just back after a week's holiday, and not wanting to be here, no, not at all; still wanting to be there, doing that.

But since I am here, I ought to confess that I've been not collecting stamps (with considerable dedication, actually) all my life. I've also devoted a great deal of time to not collecting cuddly toy rabbits, small plastic facsimiles of famous monuments, curiously shaped wood shavings, nor, indeed, giclée prints of fatuously-labelled large heavy lamp posts. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted to these nonthusiasms. It's a risk, I know.

secondwind

Quote from: Elgarian on November 03, 2009, 12:51:46 PM
Just back after a week's holiday, and not wanting to be here, no, not at all; still wanting to be there, doing that.

Still wanting to be where, doing what?  As they say here in the supermarket tabloids, "Inquiring minds want to know!"

secondwind

Quote from: secondwind on November 03, 2009, 12:55:09 PM
Still wanting to be where, doing what?  As they say here in the supermarket tabloids, "Inquiring minds want to know!"
Okay, never mind, found it -- walking the Malvern Hills . . . England Traveling Opera Handel Festival. . . . I can see your point.  I'd like to be there doing that too.

Elgarian

Quote from: secondwind on November 03, 2009, 01:04:24 PM
I'd like to be there doing that too.

Oh yes, you most certainly would. It was just as good as you think it might be.

Sigh. 'Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips, bidding adieu.'

knight66

Well, it is nice to see you back; despite the non-polymath paucity of your interests. But then, we all have our limitations; brave of you to post yours so brazenly. Not collecting giclée prints of fatuously-labelled large heavy lamp posts. I am sure you will see the light on that one at some point.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.