The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Hm, if I start getting them all the time, maybe. Typically, I get 2-4 "regular" headaches a month, which I'd imagine is very normal. The only new thing is the nausea with it, which until I found out (i think on this thread, too) actually makes it a migraine- but it's only happened probably 4 times in the last year, maybe. Hopefully no more, though.

Renfield

Still, anything periodic and unpleasant is worth reporting to a doctor: at best, they actually might have a very simple explanation or solution to it that you might not have thought of, or known otherwise. :)

Elgarian

Quote from: Greg on February 21, 2010, 04:17:11 PM
What are your seven deadly sins?

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/seven_deadly_sins.html

I scored low on everything, but medium on sloth and lust: an odd combination. Presumably it means I'm attracted to women but can't be bothered to chase them.

karlhenning

I think my boots have about dried out at last from this morning's commute.

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 24, 2010, 09:13:31 AM
I think my boots have about dried out at last from this morning's commute.

Confucius says: He who walks in river, gets wet boots.

karlhenning

He must know somethin' . . . but he just keeps rollin' along.

Sergeant Rock

I shouldn't publish my results ...I'll be skipping purgatory, going straight to hell ;D

Greed:     Medium     

Gluttony:    High    

Wrath:    Low    

Sloth:    High    

Envy:    Very Low    

Lust:    Very High    

Pride:    Very High

Edit: Mrs. Rock just took the test. Her results:

Greed:     Medium     

Gluttony:    Medium    

Wrath:    High    

Sloth:    Very High    

Envy:    Very Low    

Lust:    Medium    

Pride:    Medium

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

greg

Well, ahem... at least you aren't angry.  8)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Greg on February 24, 2010, 01:22:22 PM
Well, ahem... at least you aren't angry.  8)

Yes, I'm a very even-tempered, happy sinner  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

greg

Quote from: Soapy Molloy on February 24, 2010, 02:11:46 PM

I think this means: angry guy who's too lazy even to care about any of the other stuff.  Yep, that would be about right...  ;D
Lol, what an odd description.

Though it seems weird to have ratings like that from someone who is on a music forum. Just think about it- shouldn't either Gluttony, Greed or Lust (or all) be high? You come to a music forum to either discuss music you like (which you like enough to listen to all the time, probably- "Gluttony") or music that you want to listen to ("Lust" or "Greed"). It seems like all of us should automatically score high on these, but I guess the quiz doesn't take into account music.  :D

Opus106

Hey Dave (um..., the one who has been missing from the forum for some days -- MN, Beethovenian), here's something I think will be right up your alley. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Andante

Quote from: Elgarian on February 24, 2010, 12:50:42 AM
I scored low on everything, but medium on sloth and lust: an odd combination. Presumably it means I'm attracted to women but can't be bothered to chase them.
Confucius says: those that are attracted to women but can't be bothered to chase them are afraid of catching them  ;D
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

Elgarian

Quote from: Andante on March 02, 2010, 01:07:53 PM
   Confucius says: those that are attracted to women but can't be bothered to chase them are afraid of catching them  ;D

We could test that hypothesis if only we had a suitable test for Fear. But even if we had one, I'd probably be too afraid to take it.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

greg

Quote from: Opus106 on March 04, 2010, 08:57:27 AM
http://ie6funeral.com/  :'(

;D
Lol!
Possibly my favorite part:

Google Chrome:

I remember one day after work, I saw IE6 walking home. I pulled over in my car and said "Hey IE6, do you want a ride?"

He responded "Page Cannot Be Displayed" and fell over.

Man, that guy was a hoot.

mahler10th

Quote from: Elgarian on February 24, 2010, 12:50:42 AM

I took the test and came out top in sloth and gluttony.  I'm not bragging about this, mind you, just letting you know who you're allegedly dealing with.   :P

Elgarian

Quote from: John on March 04, 2010, 11:46:52 AM
I took the test and came out top in sloth and gluttony.

I sense a gambling opportunity. We could take bets on whether, if I were to give you this cream bun, you could  be bothered to eat it.

greg

...all because I saw Se7en on the list of top rated movies and decided to watch it...  ::)

greg

Today, while loading stuff into this old guy's car, I noticed his bumper sticker, which mentions Esperanto. It turns out he is an Esperanto teacher, and he's actually originally from Germany- I think he said he learned Esperanto before English, which helped him learn English quicker or something.

I got his card, which reads:
"I help well-spoken adults find jobs in China through contacts who speak Esperanto." (i think he said he spent time in China, too)

He mentioned that the lessons were free, or something, but didn't go into much detail.

I'm not sure what I should do- I'm really considering calling him sometime next week or so just to see what a class is like, but at the same time, I'm not really interested in learning Esperanto. I don't want to waste his time, or anything... but he seems like someone I would really like to get to know, too.

Anyone have an opinion of what I should do?  :-\

secondwind

Quote from: Greg on March 05, 2010, 05:30:39 PM
Today, while loading stuff into this old guy's car, I noticed his bumper sticker, which mentions Esperanto. It turns out he is an Esperanto teacher, and he's actually originally from Germany- I think he said he learned Esperanto before English, which helped him learn English quicker or something.

I got his card, which reads:
"I help well-spoken adults find jobs in China through contacts who speak Esperanto." (i think he said he spent time in China, too)

He mentioned that the lessons were free, or something, but didn't go into much detail.

I'm not sure what I should do- I'm really considering calling him sometime next week or so just to see what a class is like, but at the same time, I'm not really interested in learning Esperanto. I don't want to waste his time, or anything... but he seems like someone I would really like to get to know, too.

Anyone have an opinion of what I should do?  :-\
If you'd like to get to know him, get to know him.  He's probably had an interesting life!  Maybe he'll find you a great job in China!  Who know, but if you have this gut instinct that says it would be good to get to know him, I say go for it.  If you're not interested in Esperanto, you can let him know that.  He might want to get to know you anyway--hey, you're an interesting guy!