The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

Quote from: Elgarian on April 09, 2010, 07:54:58 AM
Which? The Introduction and Hedgehoggro for Strings? Or The Dream of Hedgehogrius?

Hog and Circumstance of course!

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on April 09, 2010, 07:58:07 AM
Hog and Circumstance of course!
I've never felt that he was at his best when writing specifically for Great Hedgehogian Occasions. They are just too spiky, in my view. I much prefer the more private pieces like the Hedgehog Quintet, or the Violin Hognata. No one conjures up the feeling of gently lapping at the saucer of milk, or the comfort of nestling into a nice little soft pile of tree bark scrapings, quite in the way that Elgar does.

MN Dave

Still, once in a while I like putting on the old Hedgehog Variations.

DavidW

Quote from: MN Dave on April 09, 2010, 07:50:37 AM
I admit I was stunned enough to listen to some Elgar.

Elgar, the sonic equivalent of flying hedgehogs. ;D

karlhenning

Quote from: Elgarian on April 09, 2010, 07:49:35 AM
I am assuming from Dave's lack of response that my first hedgehogian salvo rendered him incapable of responding in kind.

You wiped us all out!

karlhenning

Quote from: MN Dave on April 09, 2010, 07:50:37 AM
I admit I was stunned enough to listen to some Elgar.

POW!!

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on April 09, 2010, 08:06:53 AM
Still, once in a while I like putting on the old Hedgehog Variations.
Yes, they're very rewarding. I'm particularly fond of the Hedgehogabella variation. I'm also intrigued by the so-called 'Hognigma' - a 'hidden' species of small spiny mammal which is nowhere specified, but which 'runs alongside' the common hedgepig, usually at the bottom of the garden or in the shrubbery.

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 09, 2010, 08:22:17 AM
You wiped us all out!
Ha! Yes, I've been working on the deadly 'bouncing hedgehog' for years.

DavidW

Quote from: Elgarian on April 09, 2010, 08:24:55 AM
Ha! Yes, I've been working on the deadly 'bouncing hedgehog' for years.

You must have used flubber! ;D

Elgarian

Quote from: DavidW on April 09, 2010, 08:28:23 AM
You must have used flubber! ;D
Flubber was just the starting point that led me to the discovery of 'Hogger'. Watch out though - that hedgehog I launched yesterday is probably still bouncing somewhere, wreaking havoc wherever it lands.

karlhenning

Yow! There goes Schenectady!

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 09, 2010, 08:43:00 AM
Yow! There goes Schenectady!
Once a bouncing hedgehog is unleashed, the whole business is out of my hands, unfortunately. While the various towns and cities are falling, protective prickle-proof headgear is strongly recommended for all.

karlhenning

Yonkers sez, Schenectady had it coming.

PaulR

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 09, 2010, 09:07:18 AM
Yonkers sez, Schenectady had it coming.
Better Schenectady than Albany........

......I should rethink that with all the politicians in Albany....

knight66

Quote from: Elgarian on April 09, 2010, 07:54:58 AM
Which? The Introduction and Hedgehoggro for Strings? Or The Dream of Hedgehogrius?

It was, 'Landed on Hope and Old Glory'

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

I'm considering changing my avatar temporarily to that superhero character with the big "G" on his shirt, and calling everyone "Inferior," like I did for awhile a long time ago.

Maybe I'll even go to the Introductions section and find a thread where a new member introduces themself, and I could be like, "Greetings, Inferior!" or "Hello, Inferior! Now worship me." or something...

MN Dave

Quote from: Greg on April 09, 2010, 12:02:03 PM
I'm considering changing my avatar temporarily to that superhero character with the big "G" on his shirt, and calling everyone "Inferior," like I did for awhile a long time ago.

Maybe I'll even go to the Introductions section and find a thread where a new member introduces themself, and I could be like, "Greetings, Inferior!" or "Hello, Inferior! Now worship me." or something...

Sounds like a plan.

mahler10th

Quote from: MN Dave on April 08, 2010, 10:42:53 AM
Hm. I'm up for trading a few personal insults, Mr. Cueball.
Or we could fight about hedgehogs.

Here is a fine cueball.  As you can see, it is of fine symmetry, crafted with the finest of finishes, and its the only thing that doesn't 'change' in volumetric display.  I am proud to be associated with such a fine object, for I too share those qualities.   ???
Meanwhile, I would never argue against Hedgehogs, for they are fine artworks on our country roads.  Also, I killed one when I was a boy by keeping it in a coal scuttle and feeding it milk and bread.   :'(

karlhenning

No residual chalk on that baby!

Elgarian

Quote from: Greg on April 09, 2010, 12:02:03 PM
This is the kind of thing that might enrage those members of the forum who are either hedgehogs or their representatives, and who knows where that might lead?