The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 12, 2010, 05:39:08 PM
When you're in Meshuggah, you're sensitive, dammit.
Of course. They're all monks. Here's a picture of one of them:

MN Dave

Quote from: Greg on April 12, 2010, 06:17:11 PM
Of course. They're all monks. Here's a picture of one of them:

I think he's doing it wrong...

greg

Yeah, it's just a case of improper form with the third arm.

greg

Went to Disney today...

DavidW

Quote from: Greg on April 13, 2010, 04:52:03 PM
Went to Disney today...

For some reason I imagined that it was Godzilla style! :D

PaulR

Quote from: DavidW on April 13, 2010, 05:17:11 PM
For some reason I imagined that it was Godzilla style! :D
now THAT would be a fun park!

greg

That would've been cool. He could've eaten all the tourists. Or maybe be selective and just eat all the Japanese ones.  :D

Though I would've probably preferred if he just ate all the people in the parade. The level of fruitiness and corniness at the same time almost made me feel sick by itself (no offense). A guy flopping and prancing around with a can of paint and a ladder and smiling... real people acting like plastic figures of Disney characters... and some stupid song playing, "Embrace your dreams! You can make any dream come true!" If I could only say, "That's completely not true, you dumb f***! Stop putting false hope in little kids!"  :D

Space mountain was pretty awesome, though.

PaulR

Quote from: Greg on April 13, 2010, 05:28:47 PM
That would've been cool. He could've eaten all the tourists. Or maybe be selective and just eat all the Japanese ones.  :D

Though I would've probably preferred if he just ate all the people in the parade. The level of fruitiness and corniness at the same time almost made me feel sick by itself (no offense). A guy flopping and prancing around with a can of paint and a ladder and smiling... real people acting like plastic figures of Disney characters... and some stupid song playing, "Embrace your dreams! You can make any dream come true!" If I could only say, "That's completely not true, you dumb f***! Stop putting false hope in little kids!"  :D

Space mountain was pretty awesome, though.
Space Mountain is kinda creepy with the lights on.....

DavidW

Quote from: Ring of Fire on April 13, 2010, 05:38:04 PM
Space Mountain is kinda creepy with the lights on.....

All of the dead bodies... ;D

greg

You mean through the whole ride? Do they even do that?

You know what's kinda awkward is being in a ride that is based off of some culture, and then someone from that culture being in it. For example- with the Aladdin ride, hearing that Arabic music and seeing an Arab group right next to you take pictures while waiting in line. They looked like they were having fun- they didn't seem strange at all, but the combination of the group and the ride at the same time seemed... interesting.  :D

PaulR

in 6th grade, I went on an school trip where we went on the ride with the lights on.  The track seems so close to your head....

DavidW

Quote from: Ring of Fire on April 13, 2010, 05:54:21 PM
in 6th grade, I went on an school trip where we went on the ride with the lights on.  The track seems so close to your head....

I had that experience (track close to your head) on the ride with the lights off, scary!

I think the best fake out like that is this ride on Great America where you go through a cave and you're traveling so fast that you don't estimate the gap between the ceiling right and it looks like you're going right towards it, it's great!! ;D

MN Dave

I like sliding down the banister that turns into a razor blade.  ;D

Elgarian

I liked this thread better when it was about toes.

karlhenning

MN Dave

Devo will be performing locally this year.

Yay me.

karlhenning

Crush that dove with a ton of love.

MN Dave