The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

The actual office where I work works with several theaters/orchestras. I work with the San Antonio Symphony.

greg

That's wild, though. When she called, I couldn't help but think of you and your job. I probably sounded weird, though- "hm... well, I'm not interested in a subscription because I don't have a lot of money right now" (her reaction, "oh," sounded like she was nearly embarrassed and felt bad for me or something)... and then at the end, "Thanks for calling me, though!" I said that because having an actual human voice just mention the name "Mahler" to me seemed completely surreal- even more surreal than having a girl say to me, "I love you."  :o

I do want to go to the Mahler 2nd. What if I die before I get to hear it live?

MN Dave

I just downloaded a $1.99 app that gives me access to 23,469 books!  :o

karlhenning

Reading all those books, how will you find time to listen to music?

Brahmsian

Quote from: MN Dave on July 10, 2010, 08:42:06 AM
I just downloaded a $1.99 app that gives me access to 23,469 books!  :o

We expect you to provide full reviews of every single one of these books in 64.3 years (1 book a day).

MN Dave

PaulR

Is there a such thing as a quarter-life crisis?  Because I am far too young to have a mid-life crisis!

CD

It's called entering the adult world and realizing the romantic bohemian life is not a working model.

greg

Quote from: Corey on July 10, 2010, 05:43:16 PM
It's called entering the adult world and realizing the romantic bohemian life is not a working model.
That's why I went to school for computer programming...

MN Dave

Have a good week, folks.

greg

http://www.mono-1.com/monoface/main.html

custom face creation out of a bunch of different pictures.

Try this- the most attractive combination:
Head and Shoulder- Erin
Eyes- Lindsay
Nose- Ellen
Mouth- Erika

Are there any more sites like this?

karlhenning

de Tortoise non est disputandum

CD

He'll just send you to this guy anyway:

greg

Quote from: Corey on July 13, 2010, 08:49:59 PM
He'll just send you to this guy anyway:

I don't see a pic...

Franco

I've wondered about this stat:

QuoteMost Online Today: 49. Most Online Ever: 610 (August 06, 2008, 07:37:33 AM)

What was going on on August 06, 2008?  Was that when the forum migrated from one location to another and people were re-registering?  Or did the Mother of All Flame Wars occur?

Papy Oli

Quote from: Franco on July 14, 2010, 10:03:30 AM
I've wondered about this stat:

What was going on on August 06, 2008?  Was that when the forum migrated from one location to another and people were re-registering?  Or did the Mother of All Flame Wars occur?

All the MN Daves logged in at the same time  ;D
Olivier

Opus106

Quote from: Franco on July 14, 2010, 10:03:30 AM

We don't if it's a true "spike" -- what was the user count during the rest of August of that year and during 2008? It is likely that bots are also included in the count.

Quote from: papy on July 14, 2010, 10:25:10 AM
All the MN Daves logged in at the same time  ;D

Can't be. The Universe would have collapsed in on itself if that had happened.
Regards,
Navneeth

PaulR

Tenor clef is really a pointless clef for the bass.  Give me either bass or treble.....just sayin

Szykneij

Quote from: Ring of Fire on July 16, 2010, 12:17:41 PM
Tenor clef is really a pointless clef for the bass.  Give me either bass or treble.....just sayin

Gotta love them ledger lines, though ...
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

greg

Quote from: Ring of Fire on July 16, 2010, 12:17:41 PM
You probably personally offended some random weirdo out there.