The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ataraxia

Quote from: Opus106 on February 24, 2012, 05:17:08 AM
Ataraxia Oxymoron. That's your new name. ;D

P.S.: Hello, Dave. :)

Well, hello there. Well met, my friend.  :)

ibanezmonster

A few pages back, I mentioned how my external hard drive was shutting off. Now, my other hard drive has shut off by itself a couple of times, though it isn't doing it constantly. It seems like too much of a coincidence for them to develop the same problem within a few weeks of each other, especially since I rarely use the backup one (which I just started using now).

Maybe it's my laptop or laptop connection?...

mahler10th

Quote from: Ataraxia on February 24, 2012, 04:44:21 AM
I'm a 6'5" midget.  >:(

By all the Gods!  You would tower over me!  I am a wee fat bald guy.  If we had a game of basketball you would probably mistake me for the ball and slam dunk me into the net.   :P

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Scots John on February 25, 2012, 06:58:16 AM
By all the Gods!  You would tower over me!  I am a wee fat bald guy.  If we had a game of basketball you would probably mistake me for the ball and slam dunk me into the net.   :P

I'm enjoying your evolution. Did I miss Amoeba John?

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

mahler10th

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 25, 2012, 07:14:51 AM
I'm enjoying your evolution. Did I miss Amoeba John?
Sarge

No Sarge.  By some cosmic quirk, before I came into being as a fish many millions of years ago on Earth, I evolved in a paralell universe on a different planet as a life form which is indescribable to humankind.  I can only provide you with a picture of my genetic helix at that time...

;)

Ataraxia

Quote from: Scots John on February 25, 2012, 06:58:16 AM
If we had a game of basketball you would probably mistake me for the ball and slam dunk me into the net.   :P

Then we should sit and have a drink instead.

Ataraxia

I am going to see Madonna.

It was not my idea.

0:)

Karl Henning

Thanks for taking one for the team, dude!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ataraxia

I'm sure it will be a fine spectacle.

Karl Henning

That will be designed to make up for musical shortcomings, no doubt ; )
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ataraxia

Ha!

She has a few catchy tunes.

Karl Henning

You keep on pushing my love over the borderline, dude.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

PaulR

i need to learn to control my anger better.........Got pissed when I learned that I have to play a stupid Ravel piece that I've already played for a "Young People's concert" over playing Mozart's Requiem.

Still pissed.

Ataraxia

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

eyeresist

In the category of "Stupid stuff that makes the news":

QuoteA pilot's birthday greeting has caused panic on a US flight after passengers misheard the word "mom" as "bomb".

The incident occurred on Friday after an air traffic controller asked the pilot to wish his mother, who was a passenger on the plane, a happy birthday over the plane's public address system.

Many passengers on board the flight from Baltimore to New York's MacArthur airport reportedly panicked after believing the pilot said the plane had "a bomb on board" rather than "a mom on board".

Flight attendants on the Southwest Airlines plane tried to calm passengers and explain the mistake.

London's Daily Telegraph reports that several passengers have since complained to authorities.

Brandy King, spokeswoman for Southwest Airlines, told The Telegraph: "The pilot made an announcement that was misunderstood.

"He did clarify with the passengers that he was wishing the mother on board a happy birthday."

The US Federal Aviation Authority said that pilots and air traffic controllers are counselled to "refrain from unnecessary talk" beyond brief greetings.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/pilots-birthday-greeting-causes-bomb-scare-20120228-1u075.html

How does a birthday greeting become a bomb scare?

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been advised that there is a mom on board. Could everyone check under their seats to see if there is a mom? If you see one, do not touch her, just raise your hand and notify the cabin crew, who are standing by with cake. ... ... ... ... WHAT? These passengers are idiots!"

PaulR

Quote from: paulrbass on February 27, 2012, 11:47:42 AM
i need to learn to control my anger better.........Got pissed when I learned that I have to play a stupid Ravel piece that I've already played for a "Young People's concert" over playing Mozart's Requiem.

Still pissed.

I just wanted to reply to myself in just to say I overreacted, and reiterate that I still need to learn to control my emotions far better than I do currently.  I do not handle anger well, and hate yelling. 

Ataraxia

Speaking of anger, wanted to punch a tailgater on the icy way into work.  >:(

I'm better now.  :-*

Opus106

Quote from: MN Dave on February 29, 2012, 04:35:19 AM
Speaking of anger, wanted to punch a tailgater on the icy way into work.  >:(

I'm better now.  :-*

The tailgater, on the other hand,... ?

;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Ataraxia

Quote from: Opus106 on February 29, 2012, 04:38:56 AM
The tailgater, on the other hand,... ?

They're always in a pick-up truck. He looked over as he finally passed me, then looked away as I gave him the  mad face. I wonder if he could read lips...