The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezmonster

I don't know about Ritalin, but I do have a friend who used to use Adderall for ADHD (haven't seen her in a while, so I don't know if she still does), and she was always super-energetic and rarely needed sleep. I think she used to play WOW more than she slept lol. However, there is one side effect that is either good or bad, totally dependent on your body type (or how you want to look): weight loss. That's why it's out of the question for me.  :(

Modafinil is also prescription... I can't see a doctor prescribing this stuff for me because I want to need less sleep.  :P
B12 is supposed to help with concentration and alertness throughout the day... I've tried it a few times, and it seems to be okay, but who knows for sure until I try it a lot more.

If Modafinil doesn't work for you, I'd be interested if you found anything decent (and for a decent price). 

ibanezmonster

I might be getting over my head here, but...

I sent out about 10 friend requests on facebook to random Japanese people, so I would have some Japanese status updates to read (I click on facebook about 10-20 times a day out of nervous habit while I'm working hard on a project on the computer).

So far, the first guy I requested (who happens to be an architect!) accepted. Also, just now, one of his friends actually sent me a friend request! I had to look up how you actually phrase "thanks for the friend request," since I'm not 100% confident with 友達のお願いってありがとう... the recommended way is 友達のお願いを聞いてくれてありがとう, which is more like saying "thanks for asking for a friend request." Languages! ???

PaulR

Did you explain what you wanted to do?  Because at least to me, it's weird to friend random people on FB.

ibanezmonster

It is weird, but I couldn't possibly add up how many times I've been friend requested from strangers who I don't know. On myspace, especially... I had some French people become my friend on myspace before even though I didn't know them (one I had some conversations with about my music and such), but this is quite a leap. Lucky for me, after the quake, the Japanese started using facebook much more, meaning it's probably a slightly less closed-off circle than before. It's still awkward, though (but somewhat exciting).

We exchanged a couple of messages in Japanese and English (the guy who friend requested me), and he knows now. Hopefully I don't sound too bad.  :-X

PaulR

You young people with your myspace and facebook :P

Mirror Image

Anybody own a dog here? I have a Yorkshire terrier/dachshund mix. Her name is Chiclet. She's such a sweet dog. Her favorite things to do are playing fetch by herself (she can actually toss the ball by herself), sleeping on my bed, licking, gently biting, and yawning on my nose. She is also a good size for a house dog. Well, I've now officially hit an all time low on this forum, I'm talking about my dog. :-[

PaulR

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 15, 2012, 08:10:41 PM
Anybody own a dog here? I have a Yorkshire terrier/dachshund mix. Her name is Chiclet. She's such a sweet dog. Her favorite things to do are playing fetch by herself (she can actually toss the ball by herself), sleeping on my bed, licking, gently biting, and yawning on my nose. She is also a good size for a house dog. Well, I've now officially hit an all time low on this forum, I'm talking about my dog. :-[
yes, because cat talk is so much more elitist :D

In other news, I sometimes hate my apartment, when people get extremely loud and I can hear almost everything.

Mirror Image

Quote from: PaulR on June 15, 2012, 08:15:54 PM
yes, because cat talk is so much more elitist :D

In other news, I sometimes hate my apartment, when people get extremely loud and I can hear almost everything.

:D

This is one reason I couldn't live in an apartment --- having to deal with people's noise.

PaulR

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 15, 2012, 08:25:03 PM
:D

This is one reason I couldn't live in an apartment --- having to deal with people's noise.
The only noise I want to hear are the ones I make!  :D

Mirror Image

Quote from: PaulR on June 15, 2012, 08:25:42 PM
The only noise I want to hear are the ones I make!  :D

:P

Henk

Need to do things differently, to get stronger instead of weaker and degenerating.

This surfing on the internet is also not very good, all those automatic behaviour. Every time you react on your impulses as you surf. It's not good, it degenerates. Especially when you behave in that way in other things as well.

The way I think makes me weak. Because I do other things wrong when I think too much (jumping from thought to thought).

"One has to learn to look, one has to learn to think, one has to learn to write and speak." (Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols)

Karl Henning

Beautiful morning here in Boston.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

Quote from: PaulR on June 15, 2012, 08:01:32 PM
You young people with your myspace and facebook :P
Pretty much just facebook now...

PaulR

Quote from: Greg on June 16, 2012, 07:10:13 AM
Pretty much just facebook now...
I know, I haven't logged into my myspace account in ages :P

Karl Henning

Quote from: PaulR on June 16, 2012, 07:16:53 AM
I know, I haven't logged into my myspace account in ages :P

+1
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

Quote from: karlhenning on June 16, 2012, 06:32:27 AM
Beautiful morning here in Boston.

A beautiful morning here too in Georgia.

PaulR

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 16, 2012, 07:34:09 AM
A beautiful morning here too in Georgia.
Beautiful afternoon in Bowling Green.

Karl Henning

What am I listening to?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

PaulR

Quote from: karlhenning on June 16, 2012, 10:12:43 AM
What am I listening to?
I don't know, you haven't posted something in the WAYLT thread in a while.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA