Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Do you have to wear mouse ears?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

PaulR

Quote from: Greg on July 19, 2012, 06:33:31 AM
Yes. Real mouse ears.
What if they don't fit my big fat head?

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ataraxia

Bad hold music is bad...  :P

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

eyeresist

Holy crap! When did I become a "Veteran member"? And how did I make so many posts? This must be some kinda crazy mix-up.

eyeresist

Apparently this is one of the worst movies ever.

A review: http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknownmovies/reviews/rev317.html

This may well fall into the category of "so bad it's good", but it's not on Amazon, dammit.

ibanezmonster

I just saw on the local news a segment where it showed police arresting a fat black lady who was wearing a purple Kool-Aid man shirt. Now THAT is some funny stuff...  ;D

Wendell_E

Quote from: eyeresist on July 22, 2012, 10:35:27 PM
Holy crap! When did I become a "Veteran member"? And how did I make so many posts? This must be some kinda crazy mix-up.

Looking at the member list, and sorting it by number of posts, it looks like 1,000 posts makes us a "Veteran".  You can see all your posts if you go to your profile. if you really think there's a mix-up, but I'm betting the count is correct.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

Ataraxia

Fundy burndle flump flump zkee xwork agoo...

ibanezmonster

Quote from: MN Dave on July 26, 2012, 03:55:00 AM
Fundy burndle flump flump zkee xwork agoo...
Thou hast invoketh the ancient Sun god, Xkwpltmfsvmz!
That is the giant guy who holds up the sun of planet Ubloobideega. Ubloobideega tells me, "Good lawd, whatchyou thinkin', mang? You want him to drop mah sun?!"

Ataraxia

Quote from: Greg on July 26, 2012, 04:58:58 AM
That is the giant guy who holds up the sun of planet Ubloobideega. Ubloobideega tells me, "Good lawd, whatchyou thinkin', mang? You want him to drop mah sun?!"

LOL, dude

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Greg on July 26, 2012, 04:58:58 AM
It was a tragedy that I had only grown up on a deserted island with only one other human adult. My acquisition of the English language was stunted, and when I arrived in society, many things I did not fully comprehend. For example, since there was only one example of many different vocabulary words because there was only one other human with me, I thought that "thumb" referred to a shape, not the body part; one day, when I arrived at the City and met a native, I asked why there weren't many thumbs in the City. He looked confused. Forever alone.

mahler10th

Mitt Romney is a bigger arsehole than George Bush Jnr was.  Culturally ignorant.  Religiously stupid.  I wrote a lot more than this here, but just deleted it for fear of becoming labelled as anti-American which I most certainly am not.  However, with a possible Romney residence in the Whitehouse, I would most certainly be in danger of not being pro American.  It is already a crass nonsense that such a person can even be considered for President.
I am NOT pro UK.  Here in the UK we have a bunch of unelected rich dickhead public schoolboys from England running the country and fiddling their books when it makes them look good.  My feelings for them are the same.  Roll on 2014 when I can vote for an Independent Scotland, and I can then moan openly about our own batch of culturally ignorant and religiously stupid politicians.

eyeresist

Quote from: Scots John on July 26, 2012, 08:20:30 PMRoll on 2014 when I can vote for an Independent Scotland, and I can then moan openly about our own batch of culturally ignorant and religiously stupid politicians.

Does independence mean complete independence or just further devolution? How will Scotland manage if the money stops coming up from London? I think a better path for the UK would be to reorganise into a federation of states/provinces.

Also, since James IV became James I, shouldn't England be a subject state of Scotland?

Karl Henning

As a Massachusetts resident (and Romney is a former Governor of the Commonwealth of Mass.), I could 'a' told ya so.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ataraxia

Quote from: Scots John on July 26, 2012, 08:20:30 PM
Mitt Romney is a bigger arsehole than George Bush Jnr was.  Culturally ignorant.  Religiously stupid.  I wrote a lot more than this here, but just deleted it for fear of becoming labelled as anti-American which I most certainly am not.  However, with a possible Romney residence in the Whitehouse, I would most certainly be in danger of not being pro American.  It is already a crass nonsense that such a person can even be considered for President.
I am NOT pro UK.  Here in the UK we have a bunch of unelected rich dickhead public schoolboys from England running the country and fiddling their books when it makes them look good.  My feelings for them are the same.  Roll on 2014 when I can vote for an Independent Scotland, and I can then moan openly about our own batch of culturally ignorant and religiously stupid politicians.

Dickheads are abundant everywhere and many of them want to be politicians.

mahler10th

Quote from: eyeresist on July 26, 2012, 09:20:07 PM
Does independence mean complete independence or just further devolution? How will Scotland manage if the money stops coming up from London?

Scotland is naturally rich in its own resources.  Some of the money 'from London' is money they've already got from Scotland.  If you think Scotland will go into poverty and ruination without London to support us...such an idea is as batty as a fruitcake.  A quick look at Ireland, Norway, Denmark similar populations to Scotland,  show small countries can get by without cow-towing to 'London.'  Edinburgh is perfectly apt to manage the fiscal affairs of Scotland, without having to send all our money to 'London' first. 
I think a better path for the UK would be to reorganise into a federation of states/provinces.

Scotland is NOT a province or a state, and cannot be considered so.  It is a NATION with its own history, education system, law, etc...I am glad you are in Australia having made that suggestion, as I would have to organise a jacobite posse to visit your premises to correct such an idea.  To suggest we should be a state or province, with England / London running the show, is more insulting than how things already are.

QuoteAlso, since James IV became James I, shouldn't England be a subject state of Scotland?

We don't want to rule England.  We are not interested in empire building.  We just want to rule Scotland.

Ataraxia

Quote from: Scots John on July 27, 2012, 06:11:28 AM
We don't want to rule England.  We are not interested in empire building.  We just want to rule Scotland.

I'd like to rule Scotland.