Grumiaux/Haskil LvB Sonatas

Started by Holden, May 09, 2007, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holden

According to the Universal (decca) website this has been released but when I went to a CD shop here in Perth they said it wouldn't be in until June. While I was at the store the assistant said that this set has already been released on Brilliant. Has anyone heard this set and can comment on sound quality? Is it worth waiting for the Philips? If so I'll probably pick this up when I go to NZ on the 26th.

I still have to drive back home, a distance of about 5000 kms, and I leave on Saturday. This is why my posting as of late has been somewhat spasmodic. The PC where I'm staying only has dial up, quite a change after 8Mbs. Anyway, after Saturday I might only be able to log in once or twice is at all until the 20th. Happy listening until then folks.
Cheers

Holden

George

You too, Holden!

I know that that Brilliant set came up quite a bit on the old GMG...I just searched and can't find any info on the sound, sorry.

I am also interested in that one, I suspect that the brilliant set will be still be the cheaper after the Decca arrives.

Rabin_Fan

www.mdt.co.uk

Brilliant Classics:- GBP7.23 (3 CD)
Decca:- GBP13.40 (3 CD)