My Students Win A Chamber Festival!

Started by hornteacher, May 09, 2007, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornteacher

My 7th Grade Student Woodwind Quartet made the top score in the state's chamber music festival.  They played a woodwind quartet version of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (1st movement).  They are a lot of fun to work with and I'm very proud of them.

dtwilbanks

Novi

Excellent!

(What a bunch of sweeties as well :))
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

SonicMan46

HT - congrats!  A bunch of apparently talented & cute gals - you should be proud of their achievements - I'm a 'teacher' also (academic radiologist, so involved w/ a LOT of radiology residents - nearly my 30th year doing this job, and still enjoy interacting w/ the 'youngsters' even though they are postgraduate MDs) - hope that you have more successes!  Dave  :D

springrite

Congrats!

But you have never heard Eine Kliene Nachtmusik until you have heard a barbershop quartet version.

karlhenning

Mark G. Simon

Two flutes, clarinet and bass clarinet. Boy, someone had to do some arranging to make that work! I assume the flutes play the violin parts, the clarinet does the viola and the bass clarinet the cello. Did you arrange it?

knight66

Congratulations, surely the best kind of reward a teacher can have is that result.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Harry

You must be proud, which such talented youngsters. :)

hornteacher

Quote from: Mark G. Simon on May 10, 2007, 06:36:51 AM
Two flutes, clarinet and bass clarinet. Boy, someone had to do some arranging to make that work! I assume the flutes play the violin parts, the clarinet does the viola and the bass clarinet the cello. Did you arrange it?

Yes I arranged it along the lines that you said (and I put it in the band friendly key of Eb).  The girls' main problem was figuring out where to breathe!

Maciek

Congratulations!

(Sorry for being late, I was away... ;D)

suzyq

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  To both you and your students, you must be so proud of your students.

:) :)

Steve