Where do you live and what does it look like?

Started by Mozart, May 10, 2007, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozart

Providence RI

Take your own pictures if you can!

Mozart

JoshLilly

I live in Martinsville, Virginia. It looks like a fatally wounded victim of NAFTA. Maybe because it is. Well, our unemployment rate has hit numbers like 28% when all the businesses started moving to Mexico, I suppose that's something to be proud of. That's a big number, you know. That number dropped when our population dropped: from around 18000 to 11000 or lower in the last 10 years or so. Yahoo.

Just look up photos of any generic, gutted ghosttown. The best part is, the people who all lost their jobs and still live here, will go out and vote for the same people that voted for NAFTA and caused them to lose their jobs. And be absolutely rabid in doing so. Nice going Maynard and Bubba! Time to guzzle some more watered down crappy "beer" and sit in front of the TV watching another car race.

Would anyone like some ignorant morons for their neighbourhood? You can have as many as you want, we're full up here. But we've had culture stuff. You know. Oh yeah, the Richmond Symphony Orchestra came to Martinsville and played in the high school!! Oh, it was terrific, just smashing, I had the entire auditorium all to myself, I could sit wherever I wanted! I don't know why they never came back, I loved it.

orbital

At the southern tip of Manhattan, in Battery Park City.
Here is my building in red circle. We are looking eastward, so no river views, but we do have a nice skyline view of tall office buildings, particularly nice late in the evening when the sky turns dark blue.

It is a nice area, but it does not have Manhattan feel to it -not much going on. The area is mostly filled with parks and residential buildings. Tribeca and Soho are in walking distance though.  :)

knight66

Presently we live in a modern house, shortly we are moving to an apartment in this building.....

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Mozart

Quote from: knight on May 10, 2007, 11:28:49 AM
Presently we live in a modern house, shortly we are moving to an apartment in this building.....

Mike

Dove?

knight66

Is Dove a place? This is in Gloucestershire England.

Mike

Mozart

Quote from: knight on May 10, 2007, 11:32:22 AM
Is Dove a place? This is in Gloucestershire England.

Mike

Dove means where in Italian but I don't how to put an accent on the which makes it where is it?

Wow thats a long name Gloucestershiretonvilletown

Michel

I hear Dove is a really peaceful place....where everyone can be free.

Mozart

Quote from: Michel on May 10, 2007, 11:34:34 AM
I hear Dove is a really peaceful place....where everyone can be free.

If you like to swim in chocolate

or like smooth skin

Its a fine place

knight66

A place called Dovedale in Derbyshire....England.

Mike

Choo Choo

I live along the lane from this bloke.

On a day when it isn't pissing down (i.e. unlike today) the view from my office is like this:

knight66

bhodges

Greenwich Village, New York City.

This is not -- repeat NOT -- my apartment building, but one on the same street a few doors down, but it still gives you an idea of the neighborhood.

--Bruce

Daidalos

I live in Stockholm.

Unfortunately, I live in an insignificant suburb (of which I have no pictures), so my view isn't quite as nice.
A legible handwriting is sign of a lack of inspiration.

Don

Mozart:

Your photos are very impressive, but there's a great deal of Providence that looks much less attractive.  I lived in Newport and did a ton of real estate appraisals of burned buildings in Providence for insurance companies.  

Mozart

Quote from: Don on May 10, 2007, 11:54:16 AM
Mozart:

Your photos are very impressive, but there's a great deal of Providence that looks much less attractive.  I lived in Newport and did a ton of real estate appraisals of burned buildings in Providence for insurance companies. 

Haha no one wants to see the ugly parts like oakland avenue! The east side and downtown providence are nice and the rest isn't so nice. Fair enough?

Newport is gorgeous man I would consider retiring there when im 65  :)

karlhenning

Those photos are certainly nicer than I've ever seen Providence!  8)

Choo Choo

Quote from: knight on May 10, 2007, 11:51:23 AM
More than a bit nice.

Mike

When it's not pissing down.  On a day like today it's like the place God forgot.  Miserable.

OTOH the facility to stroll down the lane and hear Andras Schiff preparing for his next recital was a definite bonus I hadn't expected when I moved here.

Sean

I live just inside the southwest third of England in the county of the West Midlands, near the very ordinary town of Wolverhampton below.