Personality Types

Started by greg, July 22, 2008, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

Don't worry. Not another stupid quiz. Which personality type are you? There's 16 "types".
Mine:

QuoteINTP

Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.
it could say more, but everything there is perfect 0:) 0:) 0:)

Philoctetes

I'd actually took the 'real' version.

I'm an INTJ.

greg

Quote from: Philoctetes on July 22, 2008, 07:25:09 PM
I'd actually took the 'real' version.

I'm an INTJ.
well, i supposed we're "related", just one letter off.  8)

Philoctetes

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on July 22, 2008, 07:37:35 PM
well, i supposed we're "related", just one letter off.  8)

I maxed out the J porition of the test, apparently.

J.Z. Herrenberg

I'm a combination of an INFP and an INTP, an ISFP and an ENFP...
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

rubio

I'm probably quite on the INFP side with some parts of INFJ + a lot of other things in the mix :).
"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley

Renfield

I'll stay an RENF, thank you. 8)

Though Jung's system is always like a familiar acquaintance, every time I encounter it; with or without the arbitrary interpretations tacked on.

(And I realise I'm criticising a (semi-)recognised (semi-)academic (semi-)psychological test, but that's just how great my faith in Jung is. ;)

Jung's system wasn't a checklist, thank the archetypical heavens!)

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: Renfield on July 23, 2008, 12:51:34 AM
I'll stay an RENF, thank you. 8)

Doh! You even made me go back and look for that abbreviation! ;D

Josquin des Prez

They don't seem to have the passive/aggressive option.

eyeresist

INTP here.

Jung was a mystic fool, but I'm sure this test measures something consistently.

Iago

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on July 22, 2008, 07:24:43 PM
http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

Don't worry. Not another stupid quiz. Which personality type are you? There's 16 "types".
Mine:
it could say more, but everything there is perfect 0:) 0:) 0:)

There's a one word condensation of those attributes. It's NERD.
"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected

Joe_Campbell

So which one best describes you, Iago?

Hollywood

I guess I pretty much fit into the ISFP (The Artist) group:

They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space.

The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.

8)

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Iago

Quote from: JCampbell on July 23, 2008, 09:09:27 PM

For me to know and for you to find out.
Obviously you fall into the same nerdish categories as greg.
"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected

Renfield

Quote from: eyeresist on July 23, 2008, 07:28:09 PM
INTP here.

Jung was a mystic fool, but I'm sure this test measures something consistently.

The point is, however, that this is not the "mystic fool's" test. It's the test of someone who semi-arbitrarily adapted "the mystic fool's" system to suit practical needs: namely the categorisation of the population into subgroups, towards judging their suitability for various tasks.

Without even beginning to comment on how out of order that is, it is far from something Jung himself would do, or the reason Jung came up with the concept of psychological types non-exclusive to each other (in actuality) altogether!

The mystic fool, mystic as he was, did not intend his analytical psychology as a more elaborate yardstick. ;)

ChamberNut

Quote from: JCampbell on July 23, 2008, 09:09:27 PM

My guess would be COAI.  Crusty on the outside, airy on the inside.

Florestan

Quote from: ChamberNut on July 24, 2008, 04:18:52 AM
My guess would be COAI.  Crusty on the outside, airy on the inside.

Or simply IAGO. Insufferable Antipathetic Grinning Ogre.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

greg

Quote from: Iago on July 23, 2008, 08:48:00 PM
There's a one word condensation of those attributes. It's NERD.
Somewhat. I've been called a "smarty pants" recently by someone but I can't ever remember being called a "nerd".
I have the intellectual curiosity without all the awkwardness of what it really means to be a true nerd......

As for you, you seem to lack any curiosity at all, you're about as useful and interesting as a decayed fart.

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on July 24, 2008, 06:44:30 AM
As for you, you seem to lack any curiosity at all, you're about as useful and interesting as a decayed fart.
I object! Decayed farts can give a hint as to what a person has recently eaten. Hardly fair to bring them down another level, don't you think?