The Back Room > The Diner

Personality Types

<< < (42/43) > >>

greg:
The simplest quiz, only takes 5 minutes, but I'd call it beautiful, tbh.

It lists a ton of personal values, you choose the top 10, and then they duel it out to make it to your top 5.

https://personalvalu.es/

My choices:

--- Quote ---Top 10 selected:
Pleasure
Adventure
Creativity
Curiosity
Authenticity
Uniqueness
Passion
Independence
Ambition
Freedom

Top 5 winners:
1. Freedom
2. Authenticity
3. Creativity
4. Curiosity
5. Passion
--- End quote ---

amw:

--- Quote from: greg on November 10, 2021, 09:25:27 AM ---There's a big 5 test that puts you into this "SLOAN" system.
https://similarminds.com/bigfive.html

RLUEI type:
https://similarminds.com/global5/rluei.html

So I have to say, there are two questions on the quiz that are just bad, they have zero to do with personality. But the list of favored/disfavored careers is so hilariously accurate. I could have written that myself, same exact list for the last decade lol.

--- End quote ---
This one's a bit weird, since the results are not what I usually get from the big five—so I'm not sure if it's as scientific—but I was amused by the description.

--- Quote ---SLUEI
(3.8% of women; 3.5% of men)

prone to addiction, often late, does not think things work out for the best, impatient, discontent, negative, opinionated, acts without thinking, preoccupied with self, easily frustrated, not that interested in others, act at the expense of others, becomes aggressive when they feel hurt, acts wild and crazy, frustrated and angry when people don't live up to expectations, slow to forgive, takes charge, does not behave in way that is acceptable to society, pessimistic, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not usually happy, not calm in crisis, does not accomplish work on time, spontaneous, not on good terms with everyone, demanding, misbehaved, improper, avoids responsibilities, not willing to let things rest, acts out frustrations on others, has a need to maintain high levels of excitement, rarely prepared, often bored while working, aggressive, asks questions nobody else does, hard to reason with, likes to be the center of attention, acts without planning, retaliatory, asks many questions, quick to correct others, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not hard working, disorganized, loses things, unable to control cravings
--- End quote ---
The method appears different, which may account for the differences. I looked in vain for a personality type whose favoured career path is unemployment. (That said, it is interesting that I am a music student and long hoped to have a career in music, and the vast majority of the career choices for this personality type are artistic. This could be meaningless of course, since almost everyone wants to be an artist; not many people have the right combination of what this quiz called Orderliness/Emotional Stability/Inquisitiveness to actually do so successfully.)

(Extraversion 60% / Orderliness 22% / Emotional Stability 0% / Accommodation 50% / Inquisitiveness 62%)

greg:
Looking more into the Attitudinal Psyche system... took the short version of the quiz and got a different result. I don't trust either the quizzes or my ability to understand them.

But after reading the profiles and understanding the theory a bit more, I'm starting to get pretty confident that this is my type:

VELF (The Harbinger):
https://www.attitudinalpsyche.com/personality-profiles/pente/velf/

It's the only one I can read about (and listen to an hour long video about) where I'm not hearing something that I object strongly to. And mostly it seem pretty accurate.

--- Quote from: amw on November 11, 2021, 09:44:49 PM ---I looked in vain for a personality type whose favoured career path is unemployment.

--- End quote ---
INFP maybe? lol
What is the reason for you to prefer unemployment?
I only have a career for money. I'd also prefer unemployment, but have money- the problem is being unable to care about what other people want, enough to dedicate 40 hours a week to it. Even entrepreneurs have a boss- the market itself. So it's just an illusion, you are subject to doing what others want regardless, because that's how money works, unless you are a thief and can get away with it. It's kinda hopeless tbh, even if I could have my dream job as a composer, I'd probably grow to hate it because I'm only composing because others are requesting me to, and have certain expectations, and that takes the fun out of it. So probably best to do it on the side and leave it as my fun projects.

btw I had assumed everyone is like that, but I asked a coworker what he'd do if he got enough money to not have to work, and he said he didn't know, he'd probably still work.  ???
So this might be a personality thing, indeed, rather than a general human thing?

greg:
Had a short discussion with the creator of the Attitudinal Psyche system (originally it was based on a Russian system but won't go into that) after posting the best, somewhat detailed descriptions I could of my attitudes toward the four positions.

He said he was pretty confident I'm this type:

VLEF:
https://www.attitudinalpsyche.com/personality-profiles/pente/vlef/

Very glad that to get an answer, was actually starting to lose sleep trying to figure out how this system works and which type I am.  ;D :P

greg:
Retook the Attitudinal Psyche test and got the results that are accurate now. Reason why is that the questions are really hard to answer, you need a lot of time to actually think about this stuff, since these are life patterns that no one really thinks about much. I actually even heard the creator of the test saying that people my type will mistype often as the type I originally typed as. (btw, my type is also his favorite! lol)
(attached images)

So basically, now that I've figured out my type in all of the typing systems, I've found one page that has the results that I get all together on one page.
It's the Chaotic Neutral page on personalitydb. The top votes for everything are the same results I get for 6 out of 7 of these systems. Considering how unlikely that is, there's obviously something to this.
(this site doesn't have OPS (Objective Personality System) yet, though)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Enneagram: 548 sp/sx
MBTI: INTP
Big 5: RLUEI
AP: LVEF
Temperament: Melancholic-Choleric
Socionics: It shows ILI and I took the test once and got LII, only small exception here, that is third place in votes
https://www.personality-database.com/profile/83518

--- Quote ---A chaotic neutral character is an individualist who follows their own heart and generally shirks rules and traditions. Although chaotic neutral characters promote the ideals of freedom, it is their own freedom that comes first; good and evil come second to their need to be free.
--- End quote ---
I feel like this also describe where on the political compass I'd fit, without taking any tests I'd put the dot on the location of moderate (no left/right) libertarian.

At this point, probably not much more to explore regarding my own type, probably will just continue the habit of typing others for fun, and trying to understand more nuances of the systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version