Personality Types

Started by greg, July 22, 2008, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Quote from: greg on December 10, 2020, 09:17:39 PM
So the thing they have been trying to find out, by typing enough people, is if (or how much) having the same type of genetics that produces their physical appearance, ends up shaping their actual personality.

The personality could be shaped by being consistently treated based on their physical appearance. Like encouraging an attractive child to be more confident and extroverted.

71 dB

Quote from: greg on December 10, 2020, 09:17:39 PM
Right, that is a conservative quality which is not a positive one IMO, though at least they have the positive quality of higher conscientiousness (speaking of how Big Five relates to politics).

Though with increasing push for censorship from political correctness on the left, it seems things are flipping a bit... part of being interested in new ideas/concepts is to not filter the darker, less politically correct ideas. Like not censoring comedians, etc.

Conservatism has it's place. For example I am for conserving this planet by taking action to fight climate change.

As I have said, the "left" is not all the same. Some people on the left are into cultural war and indeed push for censorship not understanding the left is one of the the first groups censorship will attack, because the left challenges those in power. People like Kyle Kulinski on the other hand are not into cultural war, but economics. Instead of cencorship they push for medicare for all, tuition free education etc. stuff that would help most people. Kyle Kulinski, a free speech absolutist, has been VERY critical to those who call for censorship. My point is the left is not all the same just as not every Trumpist is the same.

Quote from: greg on December 10, 2020, 09:17:39 PMThe idea is that it is unlikely that people who look alike should share an extremely similar personality (like out of 512 types), because it is unlikely.

Who says they should?

Quote from: greg on December 10, 2020, 09:17:39 PMYet, instead, it is not uncommon that a people who look alike are being typed exactly the same.

Typed by who? Regular people? Do I assume someone to have very similar personality as Sheamus if he looks similar? Maybe... ...but I also know I can be totally wrong.

Quote from: greg on December 10, 2020, 09:17:39 PMSo the thing they have been trying to find out, by typing enough people, is if (or how much) having the same type of genetics that produces their physical appearance, ends up shaping their actual personality. It could be coincidence, but also maybe not, maybe there is something deeper to it.
It's just one idea they want to eventually bring forward to scientists to investigate further.

TYT was joking all crazy trumpists seem to have small faces compared to the head size. Maybe they are into something?
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

71 dB

Quote from: steve ridgway on December 11, 2020, 01:28:59 AM
The personality could be shaped by being consistently treated based on their physical appearance. Like encouraging an attractive child to be more confident and extroverted.

Good point!

greg

Quote from: steve ridgway on December 11, 2020, 01:28:59 AM
Ehh well there's some limits I guess... that example fits me, but although there were certain years of my life where I was like an extrovert (because so many friends were around me), I always felt like introversion was more natural. Never did I make much effort to make friends, there were either people around me that clicked or there wasn't, and it didn't matter which is the case (still true today).

Quote from: 71 dB on December 11, 2020, 02:09:43 AM
Conservatism has it's place. For example I am for conserving this planet by taking action to fight climate change.

As I have said, the "left" is not all the same. Some people on the left are into cultural war and indeed push for censorship not understanding the left is one of the the first groups censorship will attack, because the left challenges those in power. People like Kyle Kulinski on the other hand are not into cultural war, but economics. Instead of cencorship they push for medicare for all, tuition free education etc. stuff that would help most people. Kyle Kulinski, a free speech absolutist, has been VERY critical to those who call for censorship. My point is the left is not all the same just as not every Trumpist is the same.
Of course, I do recognize the difference and think a little bit of left-leaning policies here and there could help things.

Who says they should?
I'm not sure I phrased that in an intelligible way... made some edits to my phrasing. Never mind.

Typed by who? Regular people? Do I assume someone to have very similar personality as Sheamus if he looks similar? Maybe... ...but I also know I can be totally wrong.
There's two people that invented this system and they have worked out enough of their system where they can separately type people and get the same results consistently (above 90% of the time).
Which is statistically highly improbable- agreeing on the correct type for one person is less than a .02% chance of happening. Yet they consistently do it.
You do have to hope that they aren't lying, but this is their business, I think it is unlikely that they are lying. They have been trying to get people to join their team (but no luck still).

No, you don't assume assume people that look like Sheamus would have the same personality, never assume that. More often people that look similar should have different types. But it was unexpected that so many similar people DID end up having the same type.

Also, they typed me and my guess (which I didn't tell them) was VERY close. Odds are low that I would be that close. And as time passed, I agree with their typing more and more. So that's why I have legit confidence in their system, even if it is complex, confusing, and they don't explain it well enough.

(btw for my type they only found two women, but David Blaine is the closest guy to my type, and I totally agree on this, he gives the same vibes as I think I do)

TYT was joking all crazy trumpists seem to have small faces compared to the head size. Maybe they are into something?
Yeah, possibly.
Gonna take a wild guess, just based on that image, they are probably higher in testosterone.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

greg

Question- did they say anything of the opposite?

Like bigger faces = more left leaning?

I can't tell if I have a big or normal sized face, but it isn't small like that guy. If they made any observation like that, do they have a guess who I would support?

btw this should be evidence I'm not a Trumpist, despite the people who want to box me in to being one.  :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxSzykH3s8T82z_62Pr-mNhWmrJsrsHm/preview

(also regarding my guess, I don't have low T but I still feel like smaller faces might indicate high T, just more of a tendency- could be totally wrong, but whatever)

greg

One more thought, since I get some sort of implication here that personality can be shaped when young- which, sure there are some things, but:

ok, take the Enneagram Type 5 core belief- "can't rely on anyone- gotta be totally self-sufficient"

I was never taught then when I was young. I was an only child until 10 years old, but IMO that wasn't a factor because I could always rely on my parents.

And my mom has always been telling me "no man is an island," which I 100% disagree with.

So something about that resonates from a biological level, not a socially conditioned level. It just feels good to be self-sufficient. I HATE having to rely on others and feel like the world would be better if other people believed the same. People should stop being so needy of others for information and for social support, as much as possible. Of course, you can't totally be self-sufficient, but it is ideal to be as much so as possible.

steve ridgway

Quote from: greg on December 11, 2020, 08:54:02 AM
"No man is an island" is clearly untrue - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man. :P

So something about that resonates from a biological level, not a socially conditioned level. It just feels good to be self-sufficient. I HATE having to rely on others and feel like the world would be better if other people believed the same. People should stop being so needy of others for information and for social support, as much as possible. Of course, you can't totally be self-sufficient, but it is ideal to be as much so as possible.

I am the same, work things out for myself and would never fall into the clutches of the counselling or mental health industries.

greg

Quote from: steve ridgway on December 11, 2020, 09:38:29 AM
I am the same, work things out for myself and would never fall into the clutches of the counselling or mental health industries.
Yeah, pretty sure Tony Robbins doesn't know what's best for us.  :D

71 dB

Quote from: greg on December 11, 2020, 08:39:03 AM
Question- did they say anything of the opposite?

Like bigger faces = more left leaning?

No they didn't as far as I remember.

Quote from: greg on December 11, 2020, 08:39:03 AMI can't tell if I have a big or normal sized face, but it isn't small like that guy. If they made any observation like that, do they have a guess who I would support?

I suppose the absolute size of your face doesn't matter, but how it relates to your head size. You are thinking too much about what "they" (TYT?) would guess. If you are not a trumpist then you aren't one regardless of your face size.

Quote from: greg on December 11, 2020, 08:39:03 AMbtw this should be evidence I'm not a Trumpist, despite the people who want to box me in to being one.  :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxSzykH3s8T82z_62Pr-mNhWmrJsrsHm/preview

Who says you are a trumpist? I have never thought you are one based on what you write here. Apparently I don't have Google drive access and I am not gonno ask for it just to see your link, sorry.

Florestan

Unscientific and just for fun!

Are you a Trumpist? Find out here: https://www.idrlabs.com/pol/trump/test.php

My score: Your Trump Factor is 0%, which makes you No Donald. Oh, boy, oh boy. You'd better hope we're not going to tell Mr. Trump about your score, because he's going to have something to say about this and it isn't going to be moonlight and roses. If you're that far gone, you might as well be Rosie O'Donnell and not the real Donald. It's probably best for everyone if you and the Donald go your separate ways. Get outta here - you're fired!

Are you a Communist? Find out here: https://www.idrlabs.com/communism/test.php

My score: 4%, not Communist. Your personal agreement with communism is low, indicating that you support few of communism's principles as presented in classical Marxian literature. You most likely believe in the necessity of private property and private business, as well as the right to free economic association and individually-controlled production. You most likely also believe that individuals are more motivated by the prospect of personal gain than by serving the needs of some amorphous social group (such as "society") that the individual perhaps never asked to be a part of.

Are you a Fascist? Find out here: https://www.idrlabs.com/fascist-elements/test.php

My score: Your fascist elements are very low (13.5%).. The general picture is this:

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Todd

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 06:23:29 AM
Are you a Trumpist?

Your Trump Factor is 0%, which makes you No Donald. 

(Wasn't this posted before?  I always chuckle when I see a/the dig at Jeb.)

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 06:23:29 AM
Are you a Communist?

10%

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 06:23:29 AMAre you a Fascist?

9.5%
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Florestan

Quote from: Todd on December 12, 2020, 06:40:18 AM
Your Trump Factor is 0%, which makes you No Donald. 

(Wasn't this posted before? 

Yes, by yours truly --- but I couldn't find it so I started it anew.  :D

Quote10% Communist

That's 6 points more than me. You're a Pinko!  ;D

Quote9.5% Fascist

That's 4 points less than me. I'm a rightwing nutjob!  ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Todd

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 06:44:55 AMThat's 6 points more than me. You're a Pinko!

Most people would think so.

Florestan

Blimey, I never knew I was Very Privileged (83.3%).

Are you too? Find out here: https://www.idrlabs.com/intersectionalism/test.php

Seriously now, if being a 48yo white heterosexual educated English-speaking thin male in Romania means being very privileged, then both "very" and "privileged" have lost any meaning whatsoever.

Todd

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 07:10:05 AMAre you too?

Yes, I am.  I also scored precisely 83.3%

Using the more accurate assessment available on reddit (I believe), I am officially a Shitlord.  I am comfortable with that.

Florestan

Quote from: Todd on December 12, 2020, 07:15:32 AM

Yes, I am.  I also scored precisely 83.3%

8)

QuoteUsing the more accurate assessment available on reddit (I believe), I am officially a Shitlord.  I am comfortable with that.

Link, please?

Todd

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 07:27:25 AM
Link, please?

It has been years since I took it.  I was so satisfied with the results that I never bothered to remember the link.  When you've reached an exalted status like Shitlord, you simply revel in how wonderful it feels.

Florestan

Quote from: Todd on December 12, 2020, 07:31:51 AM

It has been years since I took it.  I was so satisfied with the results that I never bothered to remember the link.  When you've reached an exalted status like Shitlord, you simply revel in how wonderful it feels.

What is a Shitlord?

Florestan

Are you a Conservative? https://www.idrlabs.com/conservatism/test.php

My score: 48%, Somewhat Conservative. Your personal degree of conservatism is moderate, indicating that you share some of conservatism's values and sentiments. While you most likely agree with certain conservative sensibilities and see the value in some traditional principles, you also find that other elements of conservatism go a step too far towards old-fashioned morality and the unquestioning obedience to the wisdom of one's forebears. You also might have noticed that your degree of agreement with conservatism has fluctuated across your lifetime in accordance with your self-perceived status at various points in your life.

Todd

Quote from: Florestan on December 12, 2020, 07:46:38 AM
What is a Shitlord?

I strongly encourage using Google for this one.  Hopefully, you end up on a site affiliated in some way with a US university.