Started by Danny, April 07, 2007, 09:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Quote from: Danny on April 22, 2007, 12:26:18 PM
Sorry officer!  I promise I won't do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
the second offense will be dealt with the cop from the underworld

>:D
$:)

(he has a medical condition, or deformity, where he has two heads. please don't point or laugh..... life's hard on such a guy)

Danny

Quote from: MrOsa on April 22, 2007, 12:29:37 PM
OK, I'll let you go once... ;D

And I promise to play the Second everyday for the rest of my life!

Danny

Quote from: greg on April 22, 2007, 12:33:57 PM
the second offense will be dealt with the cop from the underworld

>:D
$:)

(he has a medical condition, or deformity, where he has two heads. please don't point or laugh..... life's hard on such a guy)

Two heads........................hahahahahahahahahahaha..............................hang in there, little buddy! ;P

71 dB

Quote from: Haffner on April 21, 2007, 09:47:12 AM
Just discovered Profokiev, and his "Classical" symphony, last night. What a fantastic discovery!

Andy, I am also in the slow process of discovering Prokofiev. Romeo & Juliet (Maazel) was very impressive discovery. What a stunning ballet! Violin Concertos (Sitkovetsky) haven't grown on me yet. Piano Concertos (Kun Woo Paik) 1, 3 & 4 are good. That's what I have so far. I find Prokofiev's music warm and cold at the same time. It has some Elgarian warmth and some iron coldness of Shostakovich.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Haffner

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 22, 2007, 12:09:43 PM
For what it's worth, Romeo and Juliet and the Seventh Symphony are Mrs. Rock's favorite works. Either or both might get you back into good grace with your girl, Andy, after all that Wagner  ;)

Sarge

;) :D

Empress Jasmine was let down right off the bat with Levine's "Ring..." cycle, mostly because the Rhine Maidens didn't look much like mermaids. But she adores what she calls the "mermaid prelude" to that piece.

She reacted as I did when first hearing Profokiev's "Classical": that is,with a general wonderment that we hadn't heard anything by this obviously superior composer before.

Haffner

Quote from: 71 dB on April 22, 2007, 01:10:50 PM
I find Prokofiev's music warm and cold at the same time. It has some Elgarian warmth and some iron coldness of Shostakovich.

Now that is an irresistible match for me, db!

karlhenning

Quote from: greg on April 22, 2007, 12:23:39 PM
no way, serious?  :D
hey, nice to see i'm not the only who thinks the second kicks butt  8)

Greg, you did not know that I am orphotrypylose over the Prokofiev Second Symphony?

71 dB

Quote from: Haffner on April 23, 2007, 04:03:45 AM
Now that is an irresistible match for me, db!

Well, do not resist Andy!  ;)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

karlhenning

I will find it interesting later today to explore the Slava/LSO/Ozawa recording of the Opus 125 . . . .

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on April 23, 2007, 10:32:50 AM
Greg, you did not know that I am ubloobideega over the Prokofiev Second Symphony?
no, i didn't  :D
but i find your choice of adopting the name of a serial killer and threat to the universe as a synonym for "in love with/enjoy a lot" very interesting.....

karlhenning

Let me rephrase that . . . .

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on April 24, 2007, 10:53:53 AM
Let me rephrase that . . . .
oh wait... you mean you don't like it?

karlhenning

I adore the Prokofiev Opus 40.

As to that favorite name of yours, I cannot utter it any longer, nor deliberately cause it to be viewed on-screen . . . .

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on April 24, 2007, 10:56:25 AM
I adore the Prokofiev Opus 40.

As to that favorite name of yours, I cannot utter it any longer, nor deliberately cause it to be viewed on-screen . . . .
oh...... i see what you mean now

i didn't specify the details to Ubloobideega's misbehavior, though... (you see, he's really stupid)

he's a mass murderer because:
one of his favorite hobbies is going to the park to find ant piles to step on them; he's killed more ants than any person who's ever lived

he's a threat to the universe because:
he's trying to find 0KDU, which is a formula to create 0 Kelvin to destroy the universe, but we all know that'll never happen.

so will you use the sacred name of Ubloobideega once more, Pope Karl XXI?

Danny

Actually, that's Pope Karl I.  (Know your Catholic history, youngin!) :D

greg

Quote from: Danny on April 24, 2007, 11:06:51 AM
Actually, that's Pope Karl I.  (Know your Catholic history, youngin!) :D
yeah, but Karl is from another galaxy, duh, they have a different system over there

haven't you ever heard of the planet Karl where everyone is named Karl?

Danny

Quote from: greg on April 24, 2007, 11:10:58 AM
yeah, but Karl is from another galaxy, duh, they have a different system over there

haven't you ever heard of the planet Karl where everyone is named Karl?

I hail from the planet Daniel, where everyone is named Daniel, Danny, or Dan.  ;)

All hail me!   ;D

greg

Quote from: Danny on April 24, 2007, 11:13:00 AM
I hail from the planet Daniel, where everyone is named Daniel, Danny, or Dan.  ;)

All hail me!   ;D
i haven't heard of that planet... wait, i might've seen it on a map once. Oh yeah, it was that one that was the size of Luxembourg

Danny

Quote from: greg on April 24, 2007, 11:21:01 AM
i haven't heard of that planet... wait, i might've seen it on a map once. Oh yeah, it was that one that was the size of Luxembourg

Watch it, buster; we have WMDS!

karlhenning

WMDS = Wolferl Mozart Dmitri Shostakovich?