Remember his creation?

Started by uffeviking, May 12, 2007, 06:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell_E

Quote from: uffeviking on June 06, 2007, 06:07:38 PM
Also a nice try, John, but you got it turned around! The piano belongs to the Bernstein work, which leaves the other, easier to guess. One more try?  ???

Ah, I'd also been asuming the first picture was the American opera.  So now I'll guess the first picture is the twins in the first act of Die Walküre.

uffeviking

Now you got it! I am still wondering if the director of this performance put the drugged Hunding on the bed while the twins do their thing. Potent drug indeed to sleep through all this!

The other is On the Town.

Wendell_E

Quote from: uffeviking on June 07, 2007, 07:31:18 AM
Now you got it! I am still wondering if the director of this performance put the drugged Hunding on the bed while the twins do their thing. Potent drug indeed to sleep through all this!

The other is On the Town.

Hmmm.  I'd imagine that little bed is for the "guest" Siegmund.

I've never heard On the Town referred to as an opera.

jochanaan

Quote from: uffeviking on June 06, 2007, 06:07:38 PM
Also a nice try, John, but you got it turned around! The piano belongs to the Bernstein work, which leaves the other, easier to guess. One more try?  ???
:-[ Just goes to show I'm not the opera fan that some here are, nor do I have the financial strength to indulge my penchant for devouring opera, even third-hand. :-[

Although it's fun to imagine that, a second after the On the Town picture was snapped, a loud RI-I-IP echoed through the house... ;D (Did I write that?  Bite your, uh, fingers, jochanaan!)
Imagination + discipline = creativity

uffeviking

>:D

but very imaginative too!  ;)

jochanaan

Imagination + discipline = creativity