Advice needed about BBC Mag "freebies."

Started by dirkronk, August 04, 2008, 12:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Quote from: Renfield on August 06, 2008, 06:33:26 AM
I think he does have a beard now, actually, but neither big nor bushy. :o

These peskie Finns, trying to confuse us ;D ;)

dirkronk

Dirk reporting in. I have now acquired 28 of the little discs in question--about half from recommendations given here, the rest...well, from just being curious about what's on 'em.

No one with big bushy beards that I noticed, though. Unless you count the iconic painted figures on the Rachmaninoff Vespers CD cover.
;D

Dirk

Mark

Quote from: dirkronk on August 06, 2008, 10:02:32 AM
Unless you count the iconic painted figures on the Rachmaninoff Vespers CD cover.

Speaking as the resident nerd on that work, don't get your hopes up too high ...

Renfield

Quote from: Mark on August 06, 2008, 10:39:08 AM
Speaking as the resident nerd on that work, don't get your hopes up too high ...

But you did get the Sveshnikov now that it resurfaced, I hope?

dirkronk

Quote from: Mark on August 06, 2008, 10:39:08 AM

*GASP!*
You mean that I've blown an entire dollar?
I feel like such a fool.
:o
;D

Dirk

Mark

Quote from: Renfield on August 06, 2008, 02:07:36 PM
But you did get the Sveshnikov now that it resurfaced, I hope?

Nope. Haven't yet found anywhere that's selling it. :'(

Peregrine

Mark, I've used this fella' on ebay for the past few years for all my melodiya releases. Very reliable, but can take up to three weeks coming from Russia. Reasonably priced too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SVESHNIKOV-CHOIR-Rachmaninov-Vespers-CD-MEL-NEW-2008_W0QQitemZ350084629140QQihZ022QQcategoryZ307QQcmdZViewItem
Yes, we have no bananas

Mark

Quote from: Peregrine on August 06, 2008, 09:35:11 PM
Mark, I've used this fella' on ebay for the past few years for all my melodiya releases. Very reliable, but can take up to three weeks coming from Russia. Reasonably priced too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SVESHNIKOV-CHOIR-Rachmaninov-Vespers-CD-MEL-NEW-2008_W0QQitemZ350084629140QQihZ022QQcategoryZ307QQcmdZViewItem

At £7.90 including shipping from Russia, that's been ordered! :D

Cheers, Peregrine. ;)

Peregrine

Good stuff. Victor is a top bloke. Always feels quite exciting when these exotic packages arrive from Russia...
Yes, we have no bananas

eyeresist

Quote from: Dundonnell on August 06, 2008, 07:29:59 AM
These peskie Finns, trying to confuse us ;D ;)

Beware of Finns bearing beards. Or bearding bears.

Aforesaid beard was on the cover of the disc of Sibelius 6, 7 & En Saga, conducted by aforesaid furry.

Mark

Quote from: Peregrine on August 06, 2008, 11:33:03 PM
Good stuff. Victor is a top bloke. Always feels quite exciting when these exotic packages arrive from Russia...

He might even have been the bloke I got my other Sveshnikov recording from - the one I suspect is fake (not that this is his fault, naturally 0:)).

Peregrine

Quote from: Mark on August 07, 2008, 03:06:34 AM
He might even have been the bloke I got my other Sveshnikov recording from - the one I suspect is fake (not that this is his fault, naturally 0:)).

No way, I'ld really doubt that. Victor is very genuine and knows his music AFAIK  ;)
Yes, we have no bananas

Mark

Quote from: Peregrine on August 07, 2008, 07:30:19 AM
No way, I'ld really doubt that. Victor is very genuine and knows his music AFAIK  ;)

I'm merely guessing, mate. I can't remember who I got my other copy from. Just remember it was a guy based in Moscow who sells on eBay. It was about two years ago ... my memory doesn't go back that far! ;D

Peregrine

Yes, we have no bananas

Peregrine

Actually, come to think of it, I remember being skanked by a bloke in Moscow a few years ago. He was palming off boxsets that were actually one disc MP3's. Remember picking up (what I thought) was a juicy Oistrakh set and being right pissed off. Mr Athletic offered to help with the transfers god bless 'im!

Oh the joys of ebay...!
Yes, we have no bananas