Film (movie) Music

Started by vandermolen, August 12, 2008, 12:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Picked up two more pieces of vinyl today:

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

anasazi

Quote from: Szykniej on October 18, 2008, 04:04:12 AM
Yes. I believe the Schuman piece is titled "New England Triptych".

Yes, right, I am embarassed but I named Ives Three Places rather than New England Tryptich. Obviously someone (you) seemed to know what I meant.  Sorry.  This is liklely the last thing I will ever forget.  ;-)

Bogey

Bogey

Bogey

Also having fun crossing over into these two:

knight66

Bogey, I have tried to PM you, but your in-box is full.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Ugh!

Quote from: Bogey on November 15, 2008, 04:49:36 PM
Also having fun crossing over into these two:

Lalo, my man. Are you familiar with the unused parts he wrote for the Exorcist? Among his most brilliant work! They used to have it over at Film Score Monthly, but I couldn't find it now...

Szykneij

Quote from: Bogey on October 19, 2008, 02:22:56 PM
Picked up two more pieces of vinyl today:

Just ordered this on vinyl:

PBS was airing "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming" tonight. I forgot what an incredibly hilarious film that was! I caught it while working out at the gym, so I wasn't able to fully appreciate the sonics of the broadcast. It seemed like a "must have" though, so I ordered it when I got home. I'll post again after it arrives.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Cato

Does anybody know much about the musical score in DVD version of a "restored" Major Dundee, the Sam Peckinpah movie with Charlton Heston in the title role?

I have read that the movie's original score by Daniele Amfitheatrof was replaced for a DVD version done by a certain Christopher Caliendo, whose qualification was that he had written a score for a DVD issue of a silent movie from 1924 by John Ford called The Iron Horse.

The Amazon reviewers are contradictory, claiming that Peckinpah hated the original music, which is why the DVD restorers opted for a new score, and that he loved it, which is why the restorers should not have messed with it.   :-\
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

karlhenning

Quote from: Cato on November 18, 2008, 10:16:56 AM
Does anybody know much about the musical score in DVD version of a "restored" Major Dundee, the Sam Peckinpah movie with Charlton Heston in the title role?

Has the score been reissued for Rogue Cheddar?

Bogey

Quote from: knight on November 15, 2008, 11:17:46 PM
Bogey, I have tried to PM you, but your in-box is full.

Mike

Should be clear now Mike.

Bogey

Quote from: Ugh! on November 15, 2008, 11:25:52 PM
Lalo, my man. Are you familiar with the unused parts he wrote for the Exorcist? Among his most brilliant work! They used to have it over at Film Score Monthly, but I couldn't find it now...

No.  I used to subscribe to FSM.  I believe that they sold out of the disc.  I have an old copy from 2002 and it says "Only 30 left.  Order soon" or something like that.  Goes for over $30 on Ebay.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Szykniej on November 16, 2008, 05:10:09 PM
Just ordered this on vinyl:

PBS was airing "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming" tonight. I forgot what an incredibly hilarious film that was!

Emergency! Emergency! Everybody to get from street!

;D :D ;D
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Cato

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on November 19, 2008, 04:20:18 AM
Emergency! Emergency! Everybody to get from street!

;D :D ;D

Actually, it was "Emerrrrginsee, Emerrrrginsee, effrrrybohdee to git frrrom strrrit!"   ;D
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Kullervo

Some background music for reading (and to block out the barking dogs next door  ::)):

Bogey

A vinyl purchase from this evening:

Absolutely love this cover.....

Bogey

Bogey