No - But I'm thinking about using it
2 (1.6%)
Face ... what?
11 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Joe_Campbell

mahlertitan

Joe_Campbell

Sometimes twice.  ;D What's your profile. We can be friends! :)

mahlertitan

cx

tjguitar

I do but I dont use it very much anymore.

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: CS on May 14, 2007, 12:18:37 PM
Yes, I do too.
Whats your screen name? Look me up if you want: Joe Campbell :)

Maciek

Quote from: JCampbell on May 13, 2007, 04:30:31 PM
Do you facebook?

I do now.

I found out about it here yesterday :-[ Still haven't figured out all of it. It is amazing though - I've found four long lost friends immediately after joining! :o

Cheers,
Maciek

Joe_Campbell

Cool! If we get enough people on it from gmg, we could create a gmg group there. What's your account name? :)

mahlertitan

permit me to create a gmg group.

Maciek

You have my permission. ;D

Let us know when it's there. Hopefully, I'll manage to find it. ::) (It's not easy being a newbie... :P)

SimonGodders

Maciek

Thanks. I've joined it. I think. ;D

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: MahlerTitan on May 16, 2007, 12:14:08 PM
permit me to create a gmg group.
Ohoo a Mahler title pic...Im not sure if that's debatable! ;)

mahlertitan

if you have a better suggestion, i will be happy to change it.

Joe_Campbell

No it's fine. Im just teasing.

Mark

I must know about 50-60 people who evangelise about Facebook on an almost daily basis. Let me give you an example of how these conversations usually go:

Them: 'Are you on Facebook?'

Me: 'No.'

Them: 'Oh, you really should be!'

Me: 'Why?'

Them: 'It's just brilliant!'

Me: 'Why?'

Them: 'It just is. You should get on Facebook.'

Me: 'Again, why?'

... etc, etc.

Perhaps someone here who is on Facebook can explain to me what's so great about it. I already grasp why it was originally created, and I've nothing against those who use it like any other social networking tool. But in all honesty, I watched my wife using it, and I'm still at a loss as to what it's actually for.

Why, for example, should I give a shit that someone I know is a bit nervous today because they've got a dental appointment? Or that someone else 'can't wait for Friday!!!'? I can think of no reason why I'd want to know such mediocre details from the lives of ordinary people (known to me or otherwise), and I feel fairly certain they're not interested in the dull goings-on of my daily grind. Yet, this is what I see 'Facebookers' indulging in at every office I visit. They seem to me to be most interested in the number of 'friends' they have; which brings to mind the games of children collecting Pokemon cards (or somesuch).

I could understand it if Facebook were a useful tool like, say, LinkedIn or even MySpace (both of which actually make a hell of a lot more sense to me), but it just seems like a mindlessly trivial way to waste a few hours. Usually, on employer's time. Perhaps that's the point ...

Kullervo

Yes, but I couldn't care less about it. I use it only to communicate with former roommates.

Bonehelm

Another marketing ploy targetted at teenagers...luckily I didn't fall in it.