No - I'm not the slightest bit interested in it
41 (33.6%)
No - But I'm thinking about using it
2 (1.6%)
Face ... what?
11 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 78

MishaK

Hey, I've created a Composers' Birthplaces Traveller IQ Challenge. Click as close as you can to the composer's birthplace.

Maciek

greg

ok, i just made an account, still trying to figure everything though

Scriptavolant

I've been told to join, and I did. There are many close friends of mine I seldom see, not to mention old high school friends which I sometimes hope not to meet again in my life  :D

By the way, I wasn't able to figure out how it works. Today I've received an email from a friend of mine who was trying to add me as a friend. I clicked on the link in the mail but found nothing on my facebook profile. I have problems with my email address too, it doesn't work and doesn't allow me to find friends or join networks (and most of all, what in the hell networks are?).

???

Catison

-Brett

Maciek

Quote from: Scriptavolant on September 16, 2007, 12:52:39 PM
I've been told to join, and I did. There are many close friends of mine I seldom see, not to mention old high school friends which I sometimes hope not to meet again in my life  :D

By the way, I wasn't able to figure out how it works. Today I've received an email from a friend of mine who was trying to add me as a friend. I clicked on the link in the mail but found nothing on my facebook profile. I have problems with my email address too, it doesn't work and doesn't allow me to find friends or join networks (and most of all, what in the hell networks are?).

That's probably normal... I've been using it for quite a while and still don't quite understand how it works, or even the general purpose of it... ;D (which doesn't prevent me from occasionally using the damn thing :P)

And yes, I too have seen people over there I'd rather avoid... ;D

Brian

I could "live without it", but I use it 2/3 times a day as a college student.

Recent uses:
- organizing a movie outing to see "3:10 to Yuma"
- remembering people's birthdays
- storing my favorite quotations in one place so I don't forget their exact wording
- keeping in touch with people from other states (inc. a couple friends from elementary school)
- getting mailing addresses from my friends at other universities
- finding out which folks at my college also enjoy Kurt Vonnegut, "Columbo", and Tchaikovsky (65 Tchaikovsky fans!)
- posting a message to the Naxos Classical Music group (I am also a member of groups devoted to Khachaturian, Dvorak, Borodin, and the idea that "a viola is better than a violin")

So the thing is pretty darn useful as far as I'm concerned!

Brian

Breaking news: Yevgeny Sudbin has a Facebook.

greg

Brian

greg

if he plays Scriabin, he's cool  8)

Dundonnell

I bet that I am the oldest person on here who has a Facebook account ;D

I use it to play online Scrabble(well, it's called 'Wordscraper' now) with friends. Since I also have a number of young nephews and nieces who use it a lot membership enables me to keep in touch with them. Try getting some young people to keep in contact by conventional means??

There....I have admitted another dark secret :) :)

Joe_Campbell

Dundonnell

Brian

Quote from: Dundonnell on October 29, 2008, 04:43:20 PM
I bet that I am the oldest person on here who has a Facebook account ;D

I use it to play online Scrabble(well, it's called 'Wordscraper' now) with friends. Since I also have a number of young nephews and nieces who use it a lot membership enables me to keep in touch with them. Try getting some young people to keep in contact by conventional means??

There....I have admitted another dark secret :) :)
found you!  :D

Brian

Gabriel Fauré just sent me a friend request.  ;D

mn dave

Pretty sociable, considering his current condition.

bhodges

;D

Well Brian, I hope you accepted his request, and then wrote on his wall.

--Bruce

DavidW

Well in the time since I had last posted on that thread I've gone from never to sometimes.  I can see it's use when I found some old friends, but it's still a little silly.

greg

Quote from: DavidW on November 21, 2008, 11:23:20 AM
Well in the time since I had last posted on that thread I've gone from never to sometimes.  I can see it's use when I found some old friends, but it's still a little silly.
Yeah, it's sort of the Mecca for useless information.
That said, it's still good to have because some people only have that (and don't even have a myspace)  :P