Author Topic: Coronavirus thread  (Read 93402 times)

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
Re: Coronavirus thread
« Reply #3560 on: January 14, 2021, 12:56:25 PM »
I didn't recognize that from Pepys Diary and the year seems wrong - the really serious plague stuff is in 1665.

Sorry, but its from a parody twitter account account @Pepys-Diaries.

https://www.pepysdiary.com/encyclopedia/301/

Se non è vero, è ben trovato!...
“Bloody hell!... I could use a drink!”

Online SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #3561 on: January 14, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »
Yes. If I were on Twitter I'd probably follow it.

(Also it wouldn't be Her Majestys Men during the reign of Charles II)

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #3562 on: January 14, 2021, 03:59:49 PM »

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #3563 on: January 15, 2021, 01:23:26 AM »
I didn't recognize that from Pepys Diary and the year seems wrong - the really serious plague stuff is in 1665.

Sorry, but its from a parody twitter account account @Pepys-Diaries.

https://www.pepysdiary.com/encyclopedia/301/

The power of the internet to spread false information. WhatsApp in this case.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline T. D.

• Veteran member
« Reply #3564 on: January 15, 2021, 04:35:00 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-15/norway-warns-of-vaccination-risks-for-sick-patients-over-80

Norway said Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority as countries assess the real-world side effects of the first shots to gain approval.

Norwegian officials said 23 people had died in the country a short time after receiving their first dose of the vaccine. Of those deaths, 13 have so far been autopsied, with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.”

Online MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #3565 on: January 15, 2021, 05:18:09 AM »
Not good. First time I hear about this. However, from what's been told, the various & oncoming vaccines should also be quite different from each other, some of them being adjustable for various functions, properties and target groups etc. For instance, pregnant women is another area of concern.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:20:36 AM by MusicTurner »

Online Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #3566 on: January 15, 2021, 09:59:26 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-15/norway-warns-of-vaccination-risks-for-sick-patients-over-80

Norway said Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority as countries assess the real-world side effects of the first shots to gain approval.

Norwegian officials said 23 people had died in the country a short time after receiving their first dose of the vaccine. Of those deaths, 13 have so far been autopsied, with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.”

I’d be keen to know if anyone has any more information on this, what sort of preexisting conditions did they have? I’ve heard nothing about it in the UK, and we’ve vaccinated a lot of people. There must be cases here and in Israel and elsewhere,
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #3567 on: January 15, 2021, 12:36:16 PM »
Despite Trump administration promise, there appear to be no more 'reserve' 2nd vaccine doses to release

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-reserve-dose/index.html

PD

Online Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #3568 on: Today at 05:27:41 AM »
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3569 on: Today at 05:28:35 AM »
 :D