Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched  (Read 3087861 times)

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
Re: Last Movie You Watched
« Reply #32540 on: January 24, 2022, 10:06:19 AM »

Excellent.
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #32541 on: January 25, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
Constantine:

I watched this film because I like both Reeves and Weisz. It was, in truth, nothing special however.
I saw that one not too long ago.  Parts of it I enjoyed--particularly liked Tilda Swinton as Gabriel and also her part in the whole story.

PD

Online k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #32542 on: January 25, 2022, 10:42:13 AM »
Watched All About Eve with an at-times  richly interesting commentary by the son of writer-director Jos. L. Mankiewicz
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Online SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #32543 on: January 25, 2022, 11:05:52 AM »
Well, some more upgrades for me: 1) The Naked Jungle DVD > HD Amazon streamer; and 2) The Shawshank Redemption BD > 4K UHD physical disc:

The Naked Jungle (1954) starring Charlton Heston, Eleanor Parker, and William Conrad - summaries below (from 2 sources) - although not a great film, this has been a favorite of mine for years - looking at the beautiful Eleanor Parker and the finale of the ANT ATTACK are just two reasons. The HD quality from Amazon an improvement over my old DVD - if you like looking at a gorgeous redhead in her prime of pulchritude and 1950s 'bug movies', then may be right up your alley -  :laugh:

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) w/ Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, and many others - short synopsis below; if you're into prison movies, this is rated No. 1 on IMDB (9.3/10) for that genre HERE - if not seen yet, then a MUST - Robbins is just superb (and what versatility - I'm thinking of another favorite w/ him, Bull Durham).  Dave :)

The Naked Jungle is a 1954 American adventure film directed by Byron Haskin, and starring Charlton Heston and Eleanor Parker. Telling the story of an attack of army ants on a Brazilian cocoa plantation, it was based on the 1937 short story "Leiningen Versus the Ants" by Carl Stephenson. It's 1901. At 19, tough, stubborn Christopher Leiningen came to South America and built levees to claim thousands of acres of Rio Negro river land for a chocolate plantation. Now 34, he recruits a mail-order bride in New Orleans. She's beautiful and arrives ready to be his stalwart helpmate; however, no one has told him she's a widow. He rejects her. During the next week, as she awaits the boat to take her back to the US, they learn that legions of army ants will strike in a few days' time. She joins the fight to save the plantation; their courage and his probable loss of all he's worked for may crack his resolve to send her away. (Source & IMDB)

The Shawshank Redemption is a 1994 American drama film written and directed by Frank Darabont, based on the 1982 Stephen King novella Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption. It's the story of banker Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins), who is sentenced to life in Shawshank State Penitentiary for the murders of his wife and her lover, despite his claims of innocence. Over the following two decades, he befriends a fellow prisoner, contraband smuggler Ellis "Red" Redding (Morgan Freeman), and becomes instrumental in a money-laundering operation led by the prison warden Samuel Norton (Bob Gunton). William Sadler, Clancy Brown, Gil Bellows, and James Whitmore appear in supporting roles. (Source)

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #32544 on: January 25, 2022, 02:27:55 PM »

I saw that one not too long ago.  Parts of it I enjoyed--particularly liked Tilda Swinton as Gabriel and also her part in the whole story.

PD

Yes, she was very good, actually.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.