What are you doing?

Started by Mark, July 16, 2007, 03:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on March 07, 2024, 09:24:23 AMHe is eating meals again, still pretty sick.
Do you know why he became ill?

PD

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 07, 2024, 09:26:47 AMDo you know why he became ill?

PD

Idk but the vet did all the tests and there is nothing major.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on March 07, 2024, 09:31:00 AMIdk but the vet did all the tests and there is nothing major.

Have you been playing too much Pettersson?
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on March 07, 2024, 09:31:00 AMIdk but the vet did all the tests and there is nothing major.

How old is he?
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on March 08, 2024, 01:09:35 PMFourteen.

Wow! That's the equivalent of about 100 years for a human being. He's not ill, he's just very old. Trust me, I know very well what I'm talking about.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

drogulus

I'm trolling financial advisors on YT. The game they play is a kind of dummy trap. We can call it "won't end well". If you disagree you are a credulous fool, because implicitly you think no recession will come. The real counter to the "well/not well" fake dichotomy is not how an economy ends. It's how it doesn't.

Example of my jokerage:

It's true that bull and bear markets follow each other, though I wouldn't call that a profound insight. What's a little more insightful is recognizing the through line tilts up. All long term investors know this. For some reason the message doesn't get through the miasma of doom promulgated by people seeking to profit from churning the portfolios of their willing acolytes.

The through line could be from high to high, or low to low, or midpoint to midpoint over several decades. The deep low of 2009 took the S&P back to 1995 levels. The next low of any significance was during Covid lockdown and reversed quicker than any other in history. History tells me that a recession will take us down more the next time, if not deeper then longer. Fiscal support over the next few years will be fairly strong, a tough hurdle for recessionistas pining for misery.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

DavidW

Hershey is well now. :)

Edit: I mean outside of being nearly deaf, blind and arthritic.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on March 11, 2024, 01:55:32 PMHershey is well now. :)

Edit: I mean outside of being nearly deaf, blind and arthritic.
Love to both of you (and your spouse too whom I'm sure cares and is hurting).

PD