What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kullervo

Quote from: Mozart on June 15, 2007, 07:41:10 PM
Dont you think the animal suffered when the egg came out of its butt?

Honey... sit down... I have something to tell you. That's... not a butt, dear.  :-\

uffeviking

Quote from: Mozart on June 15, 2007, 07:41:10 PM
Dont you think the animal suffered when the egg came out of its butt?

Thank you for the laugh to close out a hard day at the office!

Good Night all!

;D  ;D  ;D

toledobass

Bogey

Quote from: toledobass on June 17, 2007, 05:34:02 PM

Yummmy,

Allan

We had guests over last night....that was our exact dinner, including the cob and the p-salad. :o
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Steve

Quote from: Kullervo on June 15, 2007, 08:22:43 PM

Honey... sit down... I have something to tell you. That's... not a butt, dear.  :-\

lol.  :)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: toledobass on June 17, 2007, 05:34:02 PM

Yummmy,

Allan

Wow...I think I'll fire up the grill tonight. Haven't had a good burger in quite awhile. Our village butcher makes "Hackfleish" to order. I mean, you walk in, order an amount, and he grinds the meat then while you watch. You know it's fresh and you can cook the burgers rare without worry.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

toledobass

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 18, 2007, 05:25:55 AM
Wow...I think I'll fire up the grill tonight. Haven't had a good burger in quite awhile. Our village butcher makes "Hackfleish" to order. I mean, you walk in, order an amount, and he grinds the meat then while you watch. You know it's fresh and you can cook the burgers rare without worry.

Sarge

At the farmers market here,  there is a beef vendor that sells some incredible naturally raised beef.  Whenever I get that stuff it demands to be cooked toward the rare side.  It's also so flavorful that a simple seasoning of salt and pepper and a good bun is all you want to put on the thing so you can taste all of that yummy goodness without anything getting in the way.  Now if I could just find someone to go in on a side of beef with me, I'd be set.

Allan

Kullervo

Boiled collard greens and toast with mango jam.

sidoze

boiled chicken, brown rice, asparagus. ugh

Sergeant Rock

Mrs. Rock is on vacation this week. We've been eating out for dinner. This evening we drove to the famous wine village of Forst in the Pfalz. We ate at a restaurant that has a terrace; grape vines overhead:

It's situated right in the vineyards. Mrs. Rock got the good seat with a splendid view of the Freundstück and Ungeheuer vineyards, the Haardt Mountains in the distance.

I had perch filet, fried potatoes, and sauerkraut cooked in cream and wine (Gewürtztraminer). We drank a dry Forster Ungeheuer Riesling Kabinett and I had a pear Schnapps for dessert.

Sarge

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Solitary Wanderer

Last night for dinner:

Roast Pork [a delicious joint with succulent meat and crispy crackling] and ample roast root veggies.

A basic, even primitive dish, but still one of my faves :P
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

orbital

Light summer fare

Home crumbled sheep feta cheese, diced [heirloom tomatoes + red onions + cucumbers + pitted oil cured olives  + hot green peppers] drizzled with olive oil and stuffed inside a roasted tomato wrap. Nothing needed to drink next to the juicy watermelons that went with the food.

MishaK

A little hard to see - excuse the image quality, it's a cellphone camera - our home-made meal this evening was a marinated wild Alaskan halibut filet with julienned king oyster mushroom on a bed of potatoes with Korean seaweed salad, some leftover rice biryani and a mixed greens salad on the side. Along with it we had Grgich Hills Chardonnay 2003.

Bonehelm

Quote from: toledobass on June 18, 2007, 06:45:31 AM
At the farmers market here,  there is a beef vendor that sells some incredible naturally raised beef.  Whenever I get that stuff it demands to be cooked toward the rare side.  It's also so flavorful that a simple seasoning of salt and pepper and a good bun is all you want to put on the thing so you can taste all of that yummy goodness without anything getting in the way.  Now if I could just find someone to go in on a side of beef with me, I'd be set.

Allan

Toledobass, what do you call that dumpling-like thingy on the spoon of your avatar? I recall eating it in a Chinese restaurant.

toledobass

Bonehelm:

It's a choice of dim sum called Xiao Long Bao or soup dumplings:  contained in each little dumpling is a little bit of broth.  Very tasty but hard to find in a lot of dim sum restaurants.

Everyone else:

Good looking food!!!!

Allan

Bonehelm

Quote from: toledobass on June 20, 2007, 08:33:02 PM
Bonehelm:

It's a choice of dim sum called Xiao Long Bao or soup dumplings:  contained in each little dumpling is a little bit of broth.  Very tasty but hard to find in a lot of dim sum restaurants.

Everyone else:

Good looking food!!!!

Allan

Oh right, xia long bao. I remember there's this really famous tourist attraction/restaurant in Shanghai where you have to line-up for 2 hours to get the "top tier" dumplings. 南翔小笼包, if I recall correctly.  ;)

SonicMan46

Quote from: O Mensch on June 20, 2007, 07:08:38 PM
A little hard to see - excuse the image quality, it's a cellphone camera - our home-made meal this evening was a marinated wild Alaskan halibut filet with julienned king oyster mushroom on a bed of potatoes with Korean seaweed salad, some leftover rice biryani and a mixed greens salad on the side. Along with it we had Grgich Hills Chardonnay 2003.

O Mensch - agree that the pic could be better - but, from your description sounds like a meal that I would enjoy tremendously - love halibut & the side dishes are perfect - thanks -  :D

George

Basmati Rice

Yellow Lentil Daal

8)

PerfectWagnerite

Mint flavored ice-cream, because I don't care about getting fat.

Iago

Quote from: O Mensch on June 20, 2007, 07:08:38 PM

Oh, you're such an "elegant" person, I can't stand it.
Where's the BEEF??  Steak,Onions,etc.

"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected